Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Select Home Warranty - Good luck getting reimbursed for anything!

The customers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer
Select Home Warranty - Good luck getting reimbursed for anything!

I purchased Select Home Warranty because I had tenants at the time and my well pump went out. I was looking for a home warranty company that supposedly covered well pumps and Select claims they do.

I had them for almost two years and put in a claim for my air conditioner which stopped working. Select sent out the worst contractor who said all my air conditioner needed was Freon, which of course, was not covered. I paid out of pocket and my air conditioner still was not working. I called several times and no one came out.

It was Winter so I let it go for a couple of months. In March I called and they sent a Sears technician out. He claimed my unit was t working because of rodent damage which was not normal wear and tear, therefore is not covered. The technician said that he replaced some wires and that it was working and we would be billed.

We were not billed and the air conditioner never worked. I called Select again and they told me to get my own technician which I did. He said the unit was not working because the compressor (a covered item) was not working and actually caused a fire in the fuse box which broke the thermostat as well. It cost me almost $1100.

I sent the report to Select Home and they refused to pay. They called me when I reported them to the BBB but would not resolve the issue. I found a Facebook group that says Select Home wont pay for anything and is just a big scam. I have since cancelled my policy.

Oh, Select will charge you $75 to cancel. I refused to pay that.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy any Home Warranty. Put the money you would pay each month away in an account for repairs.