Natures Nest VI - Don't Rent Nature's Nest VI From Maje Brennan!

Maje Brennan, whose real name is Marion Browning-Baker and who currently goes by another alias of Ella Quinn, bought this house on Lovenlund in Charlotte Amalie of St. Thomas with money she literally STOLE from our military service members over a period of about 20 years. If you ask how that can possibly be, then read on. Browning-Baker was a former Army JAG lawyer who was kicked out in the early 1990’s. She then opened a family law practice out of a small apartment in Stuttgart, Germany and focused only on military active duty, family members, and DoD civilians who were based in Europe. She has since been disbarred by Georgia where she was licensed. You can read this on the Georgia State Bar website. Her "law practice" was NOT a law practice at all but a total scam. For 20 years, 1992–2012, she literally stole as much as she could from anyone that was willing to be her client. She billed for work which she never did, also billed for work which other supposedly-hired lawyers by her did (who the client was not allowed to contact in any way), and kept cases going on for years while billing clients monthly from their credit cards. There were several cases where Browning-Baker even told clients, who gave their entire savings to her just to get divorced, that they should even take out a loan to continue paying her - as she pushed even the simplest case out for as many years as she possibly could. In some cases, that was over $50,000 per person (just for relatively easy divorces that would have been a few thousand at most) as we now have a network of 100+ of her previous clients and have all shared the information. Let’s say that there are a lot of people now who are really really mad. She bought this very expensive house and ocean view property in the Virgin Islands (Nature's Nest VI) only with that stolen money. After all, EVERY CLIENT, and not just a few, was ripped off. Best estimate is that this was in the millions of dollars and we could not find all of her clients either but we are still trying. But it even gets better. According to another lawyer who contacted her, Browning-Baker BRAGGED how for those 20 years that she never paid any taxes to either the German, US, or Virgin Island governments by juggling 3-way residences. We reported her to the German feds. She then fled Germany literally overnight when they went after her. We also reported her to the Virgin Island tax authorities too. We assume that is why she physically left there and now rents out the property instead. Now, as "Maje Brennan" which is her new legal name and as a "Vacation Rental Owner" (see Facebook and LinkedIn as she now was never even a lawyer or went to law school), she lives and hides on a sailboat in the Norfolk area with her retired Army sergeant husband "Tom" (which is not even his real name either as it is Wendell Baker but Tom is what he is called on her website). She thinks that using a mail drop, changing her name, and living on a sailboat will protect her from a class-action suit but it won’t. We are going for – and will get – everything they both have plus her husband’s future US Army retirement checks. So don’t rent this place as it was bought with totally dirty money from our dedicated men and women who served this country in the armed forces.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Cons
  • Hotel bought with all stolen money
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
$22000
Preferred solution
Full refund

Marion Browning Baker - Today Maje Brennan. Yesterday Marion Browning-Baker.

Just when we thought we saw it all, we didn’t. Marion Browning-Baker has changed her legal name to Maje Brennan! And I don’t mean her name as Ella Quinn either when writing her trashy romance novels because she still exists as that fictitious person too. Go to Facebook and LinkedIn. No more Marion Browning-Baker existing! But look up Maje Brennan and there she is on both and they are all the same Marion Browning-Baker pictures from Germany. Plus the same bio as before – sans any history of ever being a lawyer. Wait because it gets better. She moved out of her house on Lovenlund Bay in the Virgin Islands and now lives on a sailboat in the Norfolk area with her retired army sergeant husband. Now she calls herself online a “Vacation Rental Owner” as she rents out the house which is now called, “Nature’s Nest VI.” Just Google that title and you can see multiple pics of what she bought with all of that stolen money. Not bad for someone who could not even make it in the US Army! Because even when you change your legal name, live on a sailboat, and try to avoid Germany for formal tax evasion and extradition (not to mention the GA State Bar who is also trying to collect many thousands from you) - WE will still find you, WE will still take you to court and WE will still have justice served no matter how long it takes us. We are 100+ strong now. Maje, Ella, Marion, or whatever name you are going by today or wherever you are having your mail forwarded from your main drop in St. Thomas, you stole money from every one of your clients and WE all want it back and we are going to get it. Contact our class action suit lawyer Richard Harris at mbb-class-action@***.com and you just might avoid total bankruptcy which is what we are going for at the moment.

If anyone's interested I've seen her in Stuttgart as recently as Nov. 2017.

Maje and Tom are currently in Block Island RI on their catamaran Silver penny. As of 8/21/15

View more comments (1)
Las Vegas, Nevada

Marion Browning Baker - Avoid Marion Browning-Baker "Family Law Practice"

Marion Browning-Baker, ex US Army JAG lawyer and currently presenting her status as a US Army Reservist, has been operating her "family law practice" out of her home in Stuttgart, Germany since 1996. The only problem: It is NOT a law practice but a systematic and methodical financial SCAM against every active duty service member, family member, and Department of Defense civilian which she can possibly convince to hire her for her family law "legal services" (which I use very loosely here). Her daily ad in the Stars and Stripes (which she is no longer allowed to advertise there) was her ONLY source of clients as everyone who contacted her through this forum became nothing less than her "target of financial opportunity." Browning-Baker would take any case presented, ask for a $5,000 retainer, make you sign a statement that you will not discuss anything to do with your case with any other lawyer involved, and then drain you financially for as long as she could until you fired her. Closure or doing what you hired her to do (or thought you did anyway) was never an intent of hers as she drags simple cases out for years. For most of her clients and I have personally discussed this with more than 10 of them who were scammed by her like I was, she got away with anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000 per client using this modus operandi. Since she bills monthly and provides her clients with no transparency in the process whatsoever, she falsifies bills and charges her clients for no work performed, she lies to other lawyers and misrepresents the facts of your situation in order to bill you for more money, charges you for a full 30 minutes of her time to answer a 1-sentence email with another 1-sentence email, and even generates legal problems with your case which result in her being able to bill you for even more money. I experienced ALL of the above personally. IF YOU EVER USED THIS LAWYER, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION.

I am another person who she also ripped off for over $30,000. We now have a group of over 50 people identified who have all been ripped by her since she started in the 1990’s.

We are urging everyone to write to the Georgia State Bar (they have a website with the info you need to file complaints). Don’t bother writing to Browning-Baker personally on anything. She will never reply to you as she already took your money.

BTW, word in the group has it that has been bragging to some of her ex-clients that she owns a mansion some place in the Caribbean. Guess where that money came from? Your pocket!

We are starting a Yahoo Group in an attempt to locate everyone who was ripped by her since she started all of this nonsense family law practice in Europe. Should you want to join the group, send an email to MJBB.scams@***.com and then tell us your story. We will keep you posted and add you to our list. And if you heard of anyone else who used her, please pass the word. Since she can no longer advertise in the Stars and Stripes, we all think we have effectively put her out of business for good. Now it is time to collect our debts back.

I know this Browning-Baker is a total crook. She took almost $30,000 from me to get divorced in Germany.

I later found out from a JAG office over here that under German law, I could have easily done the entire divorce for under $5,000 if I went straight to a German lawyer to start with rather than going to Browning-Baker. I agree that this lawyer should go to jail. And they should throw away the key. She needs to rot there forever for what she has done to our service members and their wives.

I see she no longer advertises in the Stars and Stripes.

Hopefully somebody reported her. :( :( :(

I used this lawyer in 2001. She charged me $26,300 and never got me divorced.

All she did was write emails back and forth with some stateside lawyer which I was not allowed to talk to because she made me sign a statement that I would not do that. Then I FIRED HER because I could see her only goal was to steal my money. The lady is a total CROOK! I can’t believe she is still doing this to people like is written above.

Somebody should do something about this. She is a criminal and should be in jail.

I have had the same experience with this lawyer and i will do anything to stop her from her taking advantage of more people, i fell for her scam...

View more comments (3)
ID
#220702 Review #220702 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest