Continental Van Lines Inc - The worst moving experience

I moved from Pompano Beach, Florida to Dallas with this company, they charged me for packing $450 without informing first. The guy who took the order was arrogant and hang up on me several times. They lost 4 boxes which has valuable collectible items, kitchen items... and broken many items. I am very upset with this company and i lost my valuable things. Bad service and VERY BAD people working in this moving company. Do not use this company, they are liars and they will cheat you. They do not have their own trucks, and they do not even have a real office. This company is a fraud.

Howard Melnick is now with Move it USA. Beware!

He is a smooth talker. He hounded me so much that I decided to go with another company. He called me again and basically berated me for doing so. Thanks for making these comments.

It's the main reason I didn't go with his service! We'll see how my move goes.

I hope I don't have a similar experience. I'll be sure to rate them.

@RMD

lol...............

I move with Continental Van Lines. Movers very professional and honest. Very good service for reasonable cost

Make sure that all complaints go to the "Better Business Bureau"

Picked my Daughters belongings up in a Penske truck, they do not own trucks, they are in fact a fraudulent company. They verbally agreed to a pick up and delivery date, they put some other date on the contract and both dates were not meet, delivery date at this point is a week away from agreed date,God only knows where these idiots are with my Daughters belongings,time for the Attorney General to investigate this so called company.

OHH I FORGOT TO MENTION, MR. OWNER OF CONTINENTAL VAN LINES, THEY OPENED 4 BOXES UP AND I HAVE MISSING ITEMS...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR COMPANY:HERE'S A COPY OF THE EMAIL THEY SENT ME SO PEOPLE WOULD KNOW THIS ISN'T FAKE:Perfect......Have a Great Relocation...........................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------From: "Eduardo Santana" Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 12:06 PM To: howard@***.com Subject: RE: Continental Van Lines - Booked Move Documents (4 docs, 6 signatures) I'm attaching the signed moving form, Thanks Eduardo.

> From: howard@***.com > To: edsantana@***.com > Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:30:36 -0400 > Subject: Continental Van Lines - Booked Move Documents (4 docs, 6 signatures) > > Continental Van Lines > 600-610 NE 28 Court > Pompano Beach FL, 33064 > > Dear Eduardo: > > Attached to this email you will find a PDF document in regards to your upcoming move. > > Howard Melnick > howard@***.com > 877-865-**** x 8103

GOOD THING YOU'RE THE SO CALLED "OWNER" OF CONTINENTAL VAN LINES, BECAUSE THEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE FOLLOWING:

MY NAME IS EDUARDO SANTANA, AND I'M A REAL CUSTOMER, FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T OWN TRUCKS, YOU ARRANGED THE MOVE WITH A TRUCKER WHO REPRESENTED "LIBERTY TRUCKS", NOW, MR. HOWARD MELNICK WHO MUST WORK FOR YOU THEN, HAD TO OVER QUOTE ME SINCE I DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO 2,000 POUNDS BETWEEN MY THINGS, BUT I ACCEPTED THE QUOTE AND I OWED AN ADDITIONAL $ 1,000 TO BE PAID AT DELIVERY.

THE DAY BEFORE THE TRUCKER NAMED IVAN CALLED ME AND SAID THAT THERE WERE "ADDITIONAL CHARGES", WITHOUT ANY DETAILED EXPLANATION OR PROOF OF WEIGHT THEY JUST CHARGED ME $359 JUST BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO. I CALLED MR. HOWARD MELNICK AND HE SAID HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING (THIS WAS 2 DAYS AGO) AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR HIS CALL...

SO YOU, MR. ANDREW OWNER OF CONTINENTAL VAN LINES OWE ME $359 BECAUSE THAT IS A RIP OFF, AND I CAN PROVE MY FURNITURE AND BOXES WERE WAY BELOW 2,000 BASED ON THE INVENTORY.

I FILED A COMPLAIN AT THE BBB AND I HOPE MANY PEOPLE WILL KNOW THE KIND OF COMPANY YOU RUN

I AM THE OWNER OF CONTINENTAL VAN LINES. WE HAVE NO SUCH CUSTOMER WITH THIS NAME. WE HAVE NO SUCH CUSTOMER WITH THIS MOVE. THIS COMPLAINT IS FRAD!

This report was written out of jealousy by Aldo Disorbo. Google his name now - you wont find anything good. Aldo is being vindictive. Aldo owns Nationwide Relocation Services, Moving Cost, We Haul, World Moving Services, All Coast Van Lines, American Van Lines, Moving Squad, MBM Moving Services, and United States van Lines. If you Google any one of these company's you will find nothing but negitive reports.

In addition Aldo DiSorbo was banned from the moving industry in 1996. This is public record, along with a whole list of prior charges. Check out Broward County Sherifs office for more information on Aldos criminal record.

Continental Van Lines has in fact been in business for over 50 years. Our corporate office is located in Coral Springs, Florida. Come and visit us! We would be happy to show you around.

Shame on you Aldo. Just because we are taking your business you have to pull a stunt like giving us bad ratings online? Unlike Aldo, we are busy here at Continental so we would never stoop so low.

View more comments (7)
ID
#219323 Review #219323 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houtzdale, Pennsylvania