New Haven Register - Do not subscribe to Hearst publications

Update by user Feb 12, 2020

As of February 12 they have not responded. I just get bills for a newspaper I did not order, do not want and is not delivered to my house.My next step is to contact the state attorney general.

Original review posted by user Jan 13, 2020
I am NOT a subscriber to the New Haven Register. But I get bills for it. I do not receive the paper, I do not want the paper, I have no interest in the paper. I have called and written to them about this situation. They do not answer the phone and they do not respond to letters. This morning I spent 2 hours waiting on the automated phone service. No one answered. The few times I managed to get through to a person in the past I was told the problem would be corrected. It was not! I was told someone would call me back. They never did! Their customer service is terrible. I am not going to pay for something I did not order, do not want and do not receive.
Service
New Haven Register Customer Care
Pros
  • No pros
Cons
  • Terrible service
Reason of review
not a customer but being billed

ADT bill mess

I pay my ADT bill annually in May. My bill this year was $647.42, I paid it immediately via Discover. In August I added a security camera for $256. I paid this bill immediately via Discover. I have proof of both payments. Since August ADT has been billing my Discover account random charges that ADT will not provide reasons nor paper billing for. Discover investigated and refunded all the incorrect random bills. September 26 ADT said my bill was paid in full. September 28 I got an email from ADT (which I verified was from them) saying my bill was overdue, closed and overdue for more than $1400. Is ADT running a scam or just unable to do accurate billing. I do not owe them $1400 and I have written proof from Discover that my ADT bill was paid. ADT has provided no written bills, just charges on Discover. They will provide nothing in writing.

Hello- We're very sorry to hear of the troubles! We would be more than happy to review your annual billing with you further if you could please email our Team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with a reference to your review and the address in which the system is located. ~ Eileen

Hello- We're very sorry to hear of the issues with your billing and would be more than happy to review your annual billing with you further if you could please email our team directly at AlwaysThere@adt.com with a reference to your review and the address in which the system is located. Thank you~ Eileen

View more comments (1)
New Haven, Connecticut
Cons
  • Billing errors
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
correct billing errors

Never buy from Kohls

I purchased a lawn chair from Kohls. As soon as it was delivered in good condition I paid Kohls online for the amount that had been shown when I made the purchase. Unknown by me was that Kohls had charged a different amount to my account and THEY had changed my account to online billing only so I never got a bill and did not know there was a charge on my account. I never authorized only online billing. Since they never sent me a bill in the mail I never got any bill. Months later I was shocked to get a call that my bill was overdue. This mistake is totally their fault. Why would they ever change my account to online billing? I have never had an account on online billing. I immediately closed my account and will never buy anything from Kohls. They cannot maintain accurate billing. When I asked why this mistake by Kohls was made, it took almost a year to get an i answer and their answer was still a mistake. They made a mistake with the billing amount and they made a mistake by not mailing me a bill.

To: The Reviewer (Never Buy From Kohl's) Yawn. You're another perfect example of another 'entitled customer' trying too start something with the employees and the managers.

I'm not buying into your review. Everything you're talking about sounds so fabricated and liable.

Why don't you just grow up?! You made a payment on a card and you know you have a bill!

Do you feel like you can blame Kohl's because you didn't know what you clicked and what you purchased!?!?

How could you possibly buy something and not pay for it! Grow up, get a job, and maybe you can afford some common sense!

@Anonymous

Shut up. people do know what they are buying and what the prices they are buying from.

Clearly you're too dumb too too understand that this customer had an different price onto the price rage, they were buying from. Maybe you need too read and comprehend that, before you comment. I see you're too so slow for that!

Looks like you need too use common sense too. Get lost!

@Anonymous Projects 2019

Wow. Clearly you don't understand the term 'entitled customer.' These entitled customers should know what they buy and the prices are and need too stop making an big deal when it comes too their payment plan.

It sounds like this customer is lying and fabricating too get something for free. Maybe you need too take your advice, and get lost.

@Anonymous

Agreed. This is another sad example of these entitled customers trying too get something for free or trying too start something with the employees of the managers.

I cannot login on your page and you have my name wrong. I am not SqquigglyLabradorRetriever but that is the name on my Kohls complaint.. I requested a new password but it was never sent.

View more comments (5)
Product
Kohls Account
Cons
  • Billing
  • Online answers
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution