USAA auto insurance is the worst

Somebody rear ended me on the freeway. The other driver freely admits it was his fault. My car was deemed a total loss. The other driver's insurance company (USAA) made an offer to settle, but the offer is so low that I can't replace the vehicle without an out of pocket expense of about $2.5K (same year, type, mileage, and equipment). The claim adjuster (Melinda somebody) at USAA will not even look at the comparison vehicles that are for sale that I found on Craig's list. The adjuster NEVER picks up the phone and rarely returns calls. Now I've been told that a check for the unaceptable amount is in the mail. They do not communicate, and now they will try to shove a lowball settlement down my throat. USAA doesn't negotiate, and they have sent me virtually nothing in writing. Now I'll most likely have to sue the fellow who ran into me. When I get a judgement against him it will show up on his credit report, and it will not be good for his credit score. The USAA commercials make the company sound so good, but they stink really bad. I'm a vet myself, and I'm really glad I never enaged with USAA.

same story here it's been a month by now still waiting to see the result of their adjuster. ridiculous service Using Military value as their advertising and doing totally opposite.

ID