Best Buy - Bestbuy online gift cards

I ordered a customized gift card from BestBuy.com on Dec. 8th with a promised delivery before Christmas. My son never received his card until Dec. 26th to make matters worse he went shopping and the $100. card was declined at BestBuy !! the store manager told him he needed the original receipt. I then got on the phone and told him it was purchased online. "oh duh well we can't do nothing about it mam' you got to call the online store. I did and.... um dah they can't do nothing because it was ordered online through Cardways.com" I'm still on hold being transferred to another department. My visa card was hit for 104.91 on Dec 8th and now I have to contest the charge.

I ordered the card on the BestBuy site and no I don't steal ! Your wrong on all accounts.

If you notice now that Best Buy must disclose when you are sent to a third party site. They didn't then. If consumers don't complain when they are ripped off nothing changes.

It took months to resolve this issue because Cardways blamed Best Buy and Best Buy blamed Cardway. You blame me the consumer how ridiculous.

#562088

It sounds like you bought the gift card from a third party like the ones you see in the grocery store. It is the responsiblity of the company you buy it from to activate the card.

My guess is you went into a store and stole it off the rack.

Those cards are of no value until the clerk activates them. That is not Best Buy fault.

You ordered the card from Cardways.com and youre blameing Best Buy what a dumba$$ :roll

View more comments (2)