Megabus a Megajoke

Megabus is terrible. Marabel and Vesna were like recordings, they may as well have put me through to a recorded message about the policy of not changing my reservation. I tried to get information on changing buses if we missed the bus and the only thing they could do is read the script, "Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do if you missed the bus." This was repeated several times and they were unwilling to budge. I know that your company is located in the US, Britain and Canada but I will be making a negative report to the Better Business Bureau. I do realize that you offer an inexpensive travel option that does not mean that you do not offer any customer service and information/assistance in case of emergency or incidents. This would be all the more reason to make an accommodation. I will also psst to all of my students, family, and friends on facebook that even though you are inexpensive, you are rude and inconsiderate. I would like a full refund for the price of my ticket and your website updated to say what happens if you miss the bus.
#520286

if you mis your flight you know you have to buy a new ticket , you should consider it is about the same thing for the bus. if you expect to have free next busses you are most probably expecting way too much , and specially for that price ...who is the joke here now ?

sure not me or the bus company . also that counts for your luggage. if you travel with a lot of luggage , guitars , extra bags , etc , it is gonna cost you extra. DUH , obvious!

complain is so cheap . stay home !

Heres an idea! Get to the bus stop before its scheduled to leave! I ensure you will not miss it!

Megabus only allows one carry on and one luggage. As a performer carting at least one large packer, I was denied and had to pay for the next ride.

One guy next to me had two bags and one guitar that he made a living from playing. He needed to catch a flight back to Switzerland and beg literally on his knees to let him on.

They let his guitar on but left him screaming and punch the ground in madness. It was sad to watch.

Taken directly from the Megabus website:

What if I miss my scheduled departure?

Much like the airline industry, all seats on megabus.com are sold on a reservation basis and you must travel at your specified time and date. Customers are required to be at their departure point at least 15 minutes before their selected trip is scheduled to depart. No refunds or credits will be given in instances where customers miss the bus; however, reservations can be changed on our website up until 24 hours prior to departure.

View more comments (3)