Sanicare.com owner, Robert was rude and unhelpful

Based on a number of frustrating experiences with Sanicare.com (in particular the owner, Robert) I strongly recommend not doing business with this company. Robert initially discouraged me from buying the product I called in to purchase, gave me misleading information on product comparisons, and then when I attempted to return the product for the one I had originally called to purchase, he was not only incredibly rude, insulting and disagreeable, but refused to accept the product back in return for the one I wanted, and then refused to respond to my phone calls and written requests for various remedies. I have rarely been treated so poorly as a customer, and his complete refusal to accept any one of a number of my suggestions to meet me part way speaks to his lack of customer support. He quoted his web page that such personal items were not returnable, yet he never told me during our discussion that if I did not like it, he would not accept it back. Had I known this, I would certainly NOT have taken a chance on another product when I was so happy with the one I have been using. Basic details include: I originally called to order another of the exact Toto Bidet (SW553 I have owned for about 3 years, because it has worked so well for both my wife and I. and we were prepared to install one in our second bathroom. Robert proceeded to tell me that Toto is standing on its (old) reputation and has become technically obsolete, not keeping up with more advanced bidets (specifically the Coway BA13 he was steering me toward). Not being conversant on "bidet-talk," it was impossible for me to sort out his truths from his exaggerations, but I felt he would be the logical person to know the differences at some depth. I also knew there was no pricing difference between the two units, so I had no reason to suspect he was just trying to extract more money from my purchase (although now I feel it is possible he either had a falling out with Toto, or gets more commission by selling Coway). The bottom line is that I purchased the Coway on his strong and convincing, indeed compelling statements about the superiority of the unit over the Toto. Immediately upon installation, and every day since then, both my wife and I have been disappointed in virtually all operating aspects of the Coway. I could provide details on a point-by-point basis, but this is already too long a message. The real reason for writing this is not to attempt to "sell" people on my preferred Toto unit, or to badmouth Coway. It is to try to persuade buyers to use a vendor who is more customer-oriented and less antagonistic. There are so many to pick from…why use someone who won't even return calls to work out a mutually agreeable solution?

We had purchased Sanicare Hand-Held Bidet Diaper Sprayer/Shattaf from this company. After few days the unit leaked and water splashed everywhere.

First they did not want to replace this item. Then they asked for return shipping charges and now we are still waiting this item to be sent back.

Bad company. Never do business with them.

They have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with, I sent it back and the said it worked they sent it back saying it did, but it does not. I am still fighting with them.

I fell for the TOTO scam too. After placing my order online I was informed that it was not in stock and I was presented with a choice of three 'superior' products (incl.

Coway).

After insisting on staying with TOTO my order got cancelled.

I wish I noticed this site earlier to save me the time and trouble. Don't like to be scammed.

jsims, if hardware broke it is Coway's warranty to fix it not Sanicare's. If you're out of Coway's warranty then it isn't Sanicare's problem. I don't know what the gap in time was before you got your Coway and when the hardware broke but get your warranty facts straight before you start ***.

I also wanted a TOTO and Robert talked me into a Coway. Two weeks ago some hardware on the unit broke and I could not get Sanicare to respond.

Finally Robert called me last night and told me it wasn't covered under warranty, he was not going to help, did not appreciate the emails I had been sending him and to go *** myself and then hung up on me! Now I am trying to get it fixed through Coway, but it doesn't sound like they are well established in the United States so I might never get the parts I need.

I only wish I lived in the same town as that guy so I could go there in person!

If you buy anything from this company and have issues you will be ignored or spoken to in a rude manner. Please do not do business with this company.

I had a similarly bad experience from Sanicare.com. They use bait and switch techniques on their TOTO products and are extremely rude/unhelpful if you question them.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS there are plenty of other sites to buy bidets from.

View more comments (5)