Dean Graziosi - Update-Issue Resolved

This is an update. After posting a complaint on this site and further communication with Dean Enterprises, my issue has been resolved.

I received a full refund, as requested. Although it took some time and effort on my part, the experience was not as painful as I expected it to be. In fact, Robyn, the customer service manager who handled the issue, was very courteous, professional and helpful.

Despite our difference in perspective, I have a lot of respect for Dean for honoring the refund and prioritizing the customer. Thank you Pissed Consumer for your help!

Dean Graziosi Reply:
We are so happy that we were able to address your concerns and solve it! On behalf of Dean and our team is what a pleasure working with you and we thank you for that opportunity!
ID
Reason of review
issue resolved
Resolved

Resolved: Dean Graziosi - Illegal & unethical business practices

Update by user Feb 14, 2019

On 1-28-19, I received an email from a customer service manager that said my refund request would be honored. I still have not received a refund. I have sent an email once weekly since and not received a single reply.

Update by user Jan 10, 2019

The sales pitch for this course did not disclose the unethical & illegal practices that would be required to succeed. If this had been disclosed, I would not have purchased it.

Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2019

Purchased the REPS online course for $997 in 2016. The techniques taught in the course involve dishonesty (lying to a real estate agent and potential buyer by leading them to believe you are the investor/purchaser only to assign the contract to someone else and leaving a token amount for earnest money (which anyone in the industry can see through).

The course also involves bait and switch advertising, a Truth in Lending violation (a federal offense) by advertising properties that you do not have to sell.

I sent an email demanding a refund, citing these examples and the reply was that the 30 day window for a refund had elapsed. How does he get away with this and why can't I find more complaints online about this? Does he somehow pay to have it removed?

I need the $997 back to get started in an honest way. Ripping people off to make a buck for oneself is always a failure.

Dean Graziosi Reply:
Thank you for being part of the DG family and wanting to take action back in 2016. We also appreciate the opportunity to address your complaint as we have been in communication with you in reference to your concerns. We apologize but there seems to be a misunderstanding... Or maybe you have received some bad advice or information from someone else but what Dean and Matt teach in all of their courses and online education is COMPLETELY legal and ethical. At no point in anything we do, do we teach people to lie or pretend someone they aren't... There is also no bait and switch or anything illegal with what we do.

We teach anyone how to become a real estate investor without a license and with little to no money down using a technique we like to call wholesaling. There are a number of different ways to wholesale, some completely free and some with earnest money but all completely ethical and nothing how you described in your response... When wholesaling, you are simply assigning the contract from the seller to the buyer and making a profit in between for bringing the two parties together. Also known as a finder's fee. We aren't in the business to take money from people, we do this to change lives.
ID