AMERICAN HOME SHIELD DECEPTIVELY INDUCES CONSUMERS INTO BELIEVING THEY HAVE HOME

WRITTEN ON 12/23/07 at 9:21am. I have always been one to recommend American Home Shield ("AHS") until now. As a Realtor, I have recommended it countless times to buyers and sellers. As a Paralegal, I have told many of my coworkers the importance of home...

My A/C was not working and AHS sent out a tech w/ARS. He condemned the unit and said it was not repairable.

He could not find any markings but it is very old. He took pictures of the outside unit and noted on his paperwork that the coil showed heavy damage and oxidation due to improper maintanence. Also stated compressor has mechanical damage due to high pressure and improperly maintained. I called AHS and claim denied due to intenional damage to fins, inplied someone took a hammer to it.

I denied that happened and requested a second opinion at another expense of $60 to me. Second tech with All Star A/C found a small hole in the copper tubing coming out of the compressor. A loose wire had the insulation melted and arced to puncture *** and lose all the freon. Again claim DENIED.

This time the Script reading Clerk said the wire was not properly secured and was not normal to be eligible for their s coverage. I was so p---ed yesterday but this company does not deserve my patronage and hopefully can cancel the remaining 10 mos. of my policy. Wish I had read these postings sooner.

AMERICAN HOME SHIELD is a scam with all the pretty literature and no follow-thru. Buyer Beware.

View more comments