Law Offices of Fred S Pardes - Fred Pardes ESQ. Defrauded Me of Over $35,000

In early 2017 my husband and I purchased a small multi-family 5-unit property. We subsequently learned that the seller had failed to make the legally required disclosures under California state law regarding asbestos, lead paint and some other issues. My husband and I being totally naive first time commercial real estate investors did not do the due diligence that we should have. Fast forward to early 2018 and we found ourselves being sued by one of our tenants due to the hazardous materials in the building that we were not even aware of. After researching the law we discovered we have a valid legal claim against the seller of the property so we began looking for a lawyer to represent us. Shortly thereafter we were introduced to Fred Pardes through a friend we know through our church. Fred seemed like a very nice man in the beginning. In February 2018, we decided to hire Fred. He assured us we had an open and shut case that would be very easy to win. He asked us for a $5,000 retainer which he thought should be sufficient to reach a settlement that would allow us to come out ahead even after dealing with the lawsuit filed against us by our tenant. After approximately four weeks Fred notified us that he was unable to reach a settlement with the sellers and that they were unwilling to even discuss it. He advised us to go to trial and requested an additional $10,000 to file the suit. We reluctantly agreed. Over the next six months Fred continued to bill us for numerous additional hours at an hourly rate of $400 while making excusse about how the case was more complicated than originally anticipated but at the same time assuring us that our case was slowly working its way through the legal system. Nine months in my husband and I did an accounting of everything paid to date and were shocked to discover it came to $37,200. At this point we decided to take matters into our own hands and try to do some detective work regarding the status of the case. We have a friend that's a paralegal and knew how to check the public court records. We were shocked to discover that Fred padres never even filed our case! We immediately demanded an explanation we have yet to receive. For the last few weeks, Fred Pardes has been simply stone walling us and we have been unable to locate him. For all we know he's sitting on beach somewhere in South America enjoying our money. Now we are left with the original two lawsuits to deal with plus a case of fraud against Fred Pardes! Please avoid this con artist at all costs. I would hate to think that the same might happen to someone else. This man has no morals!

Guess you will have to find someone else to glom off of. The well has run dry so move on pilgrim. Someone else's case is none of your business ; stay out of it.

ID
Dana Point, California
Service
Law Offices Of Fred S Pardes Real Estate Legal Service
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Everything else
  • Fraud
  • Scam
Reason of review