PEI Apartments The Worst!

I am currently renting from this company. It is, and has been, a total nightmare. Having secured the unit from abroad, I moved in December 2014. It was a mess. Not even swept. No bathroom mirror, broken dryer, garbage piled at rear entrance, cracks and holes in ceilings and walls, uninsulated kitchen, insane paint job throughout. I was informed that this building was strictly Non-smoking, No pets - the upstairs tenants smoked and had a dog and cat. The front lawn and walk is littered with cigarette butts and dog ***. But, despite everything, I was determined to make the best of it. With the company's permission, I invested 3000$ of my own money in upgrades - professional paint job throughout, and new berber carpet installed over the cheap, old water-damaged laminate floor (more about water damage later!). Just as the renovations were completed (on my dime remember), the leaks started. For the next TWO months I had a gaping whole in my ceiling and a big tarp running down the hall. The problem wasn't fixed until mid-February. Not even a suggestion of any sort of compensation. In fact, when I called the office about the fifth leak I believe and said it was time to have a conversation about compensation, the office "person", Leigh, hung up on me. That was the professional response. I might add that I routinely pay my rent two months in advance! I am current or ahead on all utility bills. Expensive upgrades aside, I maintain the unit in immaculate order. I don't smoke or have a pet. I don't have parties or play loud music. A dream tenant I should think - and this is how I get treated. But, it gets worse. Now I am being bullied by this office person, Leigh. Every two months, when I go into the office to pay my rent two months in advance, she antagonizes me. I refuse to speak with her but for providing basic information (she forfeited the right to speak to me when she hung up on me), so she pushes my buttons and tells me that I don't need to come into the office with attitude! Incomprehensible! So, after the latest bullying incident just yesterday (when I went in to pay my rent two months in advance, in cash, one week before the end of month), i decided I had enough and sent an email to the owner of PEI Apartments, Jason Petri, requesting a meeting. He hasn't responded AT ALL. I am speechless.
ID
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

PEI Apartments

I made an appointment to view an apartment in Charlottetown, PEI with the PEI Apartments company. I called their office on Saturday afternoon and we arranged to meet Monday morning. I showed up 15 minutes early to the apartment. After the lady didn't show up for 30min, I was fuming. I had set time out of my busy day to meet with her and she hadn't even called me! How hard is to write down in your daily calendar to schedule an appointment? I called the lady back and she didn't even apologize for forgetting about me. All she said was "I'm coming now, will you still be there?" What do you think ? Why would I give my money to a landlord like this? Pathetic. If something broke in my apartment I don't think it would ever get fixed. Do people not worry about first impressions anymore? After telling this to my friend, she told me that she has also heard bad things about the PEi Apartment company. Someone she knew (renting with this company) had to have their apartment fumigated and told the company to please do it when she could arrange an alternate place to stay for a bit (because she is allergic to dust etc). The company went in a did it on a day when she went to work! Nice. To PEI Apartments--I will never rent an apartment from you nor will my friends, family, work colleagues, or school classmates. I would have dropped $700 on that apartment that day (and continue to monthly for the next 3 years) if you could just get your brain into gear with the rest of the 21st century.
#562055

Hello Dear,

My name is Miss Julianna birdford, I got your contact details in this site (telebrands.pissedconsumer.com) and I'm interested in knowing you and being friendly with you. I would appreciate if you will as soon as possible, you can reach me through my private e-mail stated below so that i will send my pictures to you, so we can get to know each other better.

My private e-mail: (julinabirdford@***.com) I quite believe that we can start from here since it takes one to know someone. I understand that race or distance does not matter but loving and caring matters a lot in life. I can not wait to hear more from you soonest.

Sincerely,

Miss Julianna birdford,

In this case my confidential email address to receive your reply is as follows: (julinabirdford@***.com)

kisses

ID
Vancouver, British Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article