Bit I Honey irrepareably broke my tooth.

Pearson Candy Company, BIT O’ HONEY, should at least put a disclaimer; if you had any dental work at all please be aware that it could, (and does) rip out, break and destroy your teeth as well as costly dental work you ever had. After chewing a couple pieces of Pearson Candy Company, BIT O’ HONEY, It felt like I crunched a tiny rock, the combination of hard taffy and tiny slivers of almonds had broken my porcelain crown, as well as, the post and the small tooth inside. The candy had stuck to my dental work and yanked it loose, the almond felt like I bit into a tiny rock. I had to gently remove the candy off it without further trauma. MY crown was dangling like a hook on the ceiling. I wrote a paragraph to Pearson Candy Company to let them know what happened and that my crown wasn’t even loose or decayed before eating their candy. My mouth on one side was swollen and I couldn’t eat on one side for weeks. I had to get the tooth extracted and replaced with a costly dental implant or bridge, the bridge was less expensive, so I chose that. They responded with a letter and return envelope to mail a claim form in, from what I believed was reimbursement or help to pay for that missing tooth. Pearson Candy Co. sent me a box of candy, which would have been nice, if I could chew. They asked for my personal information, dental records, dental insurance, and estimate of cost to fix broken tooth, I even added the box of candy and piece I had to un-grip off my tooth in a Ziploc bag. When I sent it all in, they immediately denied my claim. The insurance company they use, said that because there was no foreign object in the candy, (which I never said there was or wasn’t), that I don’t have a case. I told the insurance company for Pearson that I sent them the piece and asked if they examined it, they said they hadn’t received it, then 18 min. later when I called back, they told me they did examine it and found nothing wrong with it, obviously they lied about that. Then I told them I’m 48 yrs. old take care of my teeth, have all of them, except for the one their candy irreparably broke. They told me the tooth was decayed, I told them it was not. My dentist said,” there was no decay and it was a perfectly good porcelain crown, that Bit o’ Honey was a strong piece of candy to rip off your crown, break the post and tooth, the way it did. Also, to never eat that kind of candy if you have had any dental work at all. I wasn’t looking for a big payout or expensive dental implants, which could be $6-9,000. I would have just settled if they at least offered to pay half of what a less expensive bridge would cost to replace that one tooth. They reached out to me to send in all the information and denied my case immediately, falsifying on their end, that my tooth had decay or that it didn’t have a foreign object in the candy, which they never checked in the 18 min. time that they said they didn’t receive it and then said they had it tested, by who? An independent examiner, I think not. It's a .99 cent candy, that is costing me $1,000's. I will be sharing this info. on every site I can find to get the word out, as well as, repeat this story to my 1,000's of customers as a warning, as a bartender for the Navy, my reach is far.
ID
Product
Pearsons Candy Bit O Honey Candy
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article