Terrible service department - denied me warranty work

These people are fake and will just try to be nice when they think they can get money from you. They denied me warranty coverage for some clutch issues I was having on my 2013 Kia, claiming I was likely driving my car wrong and that there was nothing they could do but charge me over $1,300 to put a new clutch. But my car has 40,000 miles and is in great condition (I'm the first owner), so I knew something else was the problem. After visiting Peak Kia's service department three times, get pushed around, and have my car problem ignored (they didn't even take the time to put it up on a rack or open up the hood) I lost patience and took it to a third party shop, where finally they diagnosed what the real issue was with my clutch: a defective transmission which had been leaking onto my clutch for months! Imagine how mad and frustrated I was to have needed to spend $450 to have my car diagnosed when Peak Kia should have done so weeks ago... But again these people are negligent. They are only interested in helping out when it's convenient to them and if you are paying... All I'm saying is beware. They pretend to be nice but really they don't care about you. Even when I told them of the details of my diagnosis after the fact they refused to help me out with a loaner so I could work. In the end I had to get my car towed to Arapahoe Kia (who by the way helped me replaced the entire transmission at NO charge and were quite friendly), spend hundreds of dollars, and miss on weeks of work for not having my car. And still to this day I haven't even gotten a call from Peak Kia to apologize for their negligent and dismissive behavior. And bad customer care! I will never, EVER go back to Peak Kia.... They made me feel bad for my clutch issues because maybe I didn't know how to drive my manual car....Seriously? Is that some sort of sexist assumption? Jerks. The least they could have done in my three visits is put the car up and check for leaks, or let me borrow a car while mine was in the other Kia shop for two full weeks... Anyway, these people aren't your friends (especially Chad). They don't even say sorry after it's obvious they've made a mistake. Take your business elsewhere and don't believe any of the fake comments customers post here, because the Peak Kia team begs them to do so (like they tried with me on my first visit).
ID
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article