You Don't get to Keep your Software -- They Cancel IT!

I purchased this program about 3 years ago. It is mainly used to edit, i.e. trim, PDF scans and bring them back to full page rather than legal size. Last year, I was offered an upgrade however the program was doing exactly what I needed and there was no need to upgrade. As of last week, Feb. 2014, the program refused to load and told me to uninstall and upgrade. I went online and found a free program that would crop my PDF Scans before making them a correct size PDF file. What a slimy company that sells you software but doesn't let you continue to use it!
ID
Palm Springs, California
Loss

Nitro PDF Sucks!

Just bought the nitro PDF Professional program last night; need to edit some PDF files - thought this would be a cheap, easy way yo do it. Wrong. I loaded the program, opened some existing PDF files and found I could do minor edits, but not all. I then tried to scan a document into the nitro PDF format. Nothing happening. I then tried to 'upgrade' the 5.1 verison I bought thinking there may be a couple gliches with the program and the upgrade would take care of the problem. Wrong again. I downloaded the 5.2 file, but it would not upgrade until I removed the 5.1 file I just installed. Praying for a positve outcome, I did so. However, much to my horror, I still could not scan files into PDF. They just do not appear. I looked for a number to call - there isn't any. I sent an e-mail off to their tech department this AM - 4 hours later, no word yet. I again tried to scan (no luck) and make more PDF edits. It keeps changing the font and will not let me select a default font. It also will not underline. The program may convert Word files to PDF; I haven't tried that yet. But as far as the "easy" edit process, that's a bunch of garbage. Recommendation: don't waste you rmoney.

It sucks For $250 it is a ripoff, spend the money and get Adobe

Had the exact same experience. Nitro essential pastes your PDF into a Word document and gives you no ability to edit text.

Try to contact Nitro about this. Just try.

The contact link on their site takes you to a map. That's about as helpful as their PDF converter, which is to say: Useless!

Their support is amazing. but the software it self has a lot of bugs.

it either hangs or wont print pdf at all.

this happens too many many many many times! i hope they will improve.

Unbelievably bad. I have the misfortune to have Nitro PDF on my work laptop.

It crashes Excel ALL THE TIME and results in unexpected error reports.

I try to uninstall but it returns like a bad smell. Perhaps the WORST software I've has the misfortune to use.

I agree they suck at fixing your problem... Never again will I buy anything from them.

I know what how you feel. Nitro don't support the product very well at all which make for great frustration when you try to resolve issues they have created by being vague about their product functions and specifications.

I tested the download version and decided to purchase it. When I purchased/registered the Pro 6 version I had downloaded I saw the OCR version and the Upgrade Assurance program of about $20, the same cost to purchase the OCR. Since I had to compress and upload 30 files to the Federal Court CM/ECF and was on a deadline, I thought I'd save time by using the system I had in place that had all my file associations and then come back and upgrade to the OCR when things slowed down.

When I tried to look up how to use the Upgrade Assurance to there is no apparent place to look on the Nitro website nor were there any instructions that came with the purchase. After attempting to send messages on the support page and the system rejecting my messages, I called customer assistance which was actually the company that supports the billing, etc. I finally got the straight explanation (of course after the product was purchased) from the purchasing/billing company, not the real company that makes the product (they don't seem to have telephones).

The message that says don't ever miss an upgrade . . . buy .. Upgrade Assurance. But, Upgrade Assurance, you find out, doesn't provide upgrade assurance except for limited upgrades they don't disclose in the promo window.

What an expensive waste of time trying to UPGRADE using Upgrade Assurance. What a misleading product promotion.

This is not the worst company I've found that has misleading, unprofessional or inept product support and description ... but it's in the running.

Customer 2119****

View more comments (5)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article