Payless Roofing Co - Roofer tryed to rip off insurance company. Filed false lawsuit against my family
We had a roofer Samuel"Mike" Chaney owner of Payless Roofing give us an estimate for a new roof after hurricane Wilma. The insurance company rejected Payless Roofing's estimate on the grounds that it is ridiculously overpriced. We got another estimate from another company that was over 40% less. The insurance company accepted the offer. After learning that we had the roof done by another company Samuel "Mike" Chaney demanded that my Father pay him a sum of $15,000 or he will sue us for contract indebtedness. When my Father told him he has no legal binding contract because it was only an estimate. Chaney threatened my Father with a false lawsuit. He told my father to pay him the money or it will end up costing him more in legal fees that he will never be able to recover. Shortly after my parents were served with a lawsuit for contract indebtedness. Chaney went to court claiming to have a signed contract. The contract later turned out to be a photo(shopped?) copy. Chaney claimed the original got stolen during a car break in. I believe it was an employee William *** who claimed this under oath. It is also a fact that there was no police report to back up this claim. So in reality Chaney had no actual case. The case was eventually thrown out. My parents were awarded court costs. The amount awarded does not cover any where near what it cost. Samuel "Michael" Chaney has since closed down Payless Roofing. My parents will never see a dime. Payless Roofing has been the subject of many similar lawsuits in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. They claim to be helping the homeowner verbally. Then they try to *** the homeowner in to signing away their rights on paper to support a ridiculously overpriced claim. They end up putting leans for any amount above what the insurance company charges.
ID
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reason of review
False Lawsuit
Loss
$20000
Preferred solution
Return of all legal fees as Florida law requires

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article