PAVILION TOWN PLACE APARTMENTS - SECURITY DEPOSIT

After I gave the security deposit, last Friday, the leasing person told me that I had 72 hours to change my mind. The following morning, Saturday, I drove back to the complex and changed my mind about living there after I saw several large dogs running around the complex without being on a dog leash. I went to the leasing office and explained my concern. The lady told me that the security deposit was non-refundable, regardless of my reason. When I told her about the dogs, she said there was nothing she could do. I lost my security deposit and respect for this complex. I'm glad I found out about the dogs and the attitude of the staff.

I thought I was the only person this had happened to. After only one day, I changed my mind and decided not to live there.

I was told the deposit was non refundable.

I was treated the same way as the other people who logged a complaint. The girl who showed me the apartment told me that the one bedroom apartment was a "monks cell."

ID
Reason of review
Problems with payment

APPLICATION DEPOSIT

PAVILION TOWN PLACE APARTMENTS. This is my opinion of Pavilion Town Place Apartments. I filled out an application and gave the Pavilion Town Place Apartments, in Dallas, Texas the application deposit. The lady in the leasing office said she could only show me the apartment once I completed the application and submitted the application fee. When I saw the apartment, I was disappointed, many roaches were on the kitchen and bathroom floors. I told the leasing agent I was not interested in leasing the apartment, and asked her to return my check for the application fee. She told me no, that it was non-refundable. In my opinion, this is unethical. I am very disappointed in the leasing office. Be careful before you give this apartment complex any money. And read the small print on their application.

This same thing happened to me at this same place. I was disappointed with the attitude of the employees that work in the office.

They are friendly when you walk in the door, but after you give a deposit, their attitude completely changes.

Watch out! This is only my opinion.

Egad! I thought that I was the only person this happened to, but I wasn't.

About one year ago, I looked at the apartment, I decided the complex was not where I wanted to live, since there were people walking their dogs without being on leashes. I was rudely told that my application fee would not be returned, that it was non-refundable. However when I wrote the check and gave it to the lady, she did not mention to me that it would be non-refundable. I thought it was strange that I had to give an application fee, before I even looked at the apartment.

The office lady was very moody. No welcome smile, in fact, she acted like I was in her way. She told me nothing about any amenities at the complex.

As we walked to the apartment that she was going to show me, she kept calling the complex a "compound."

It is my opinion that the office staff is unprofessional, and I am glad that I do not live there.

View more comments (1)
ID
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article