Bait and switch?

Went shopping on their website, and found amazing sale. Spent over an hour browsing through 25 pages of $5 deals. Minimum shipping amount was $40, so decided to buy more than what I needed originally, to give extra stuff as gifts later. After putting 12 items to the cart worth $60, was going to checkout, when all prices changed from $5 to $15 or so, and cart totaled $178. Very disappointing. After refreshing page prices went up from sale to full price, and cart amount changed to $367. WTF??? Bait and switch? Why not post correct prices in the first place, instead of confusing customers? Hate their online store now.

Impossible to track packages , sure it says ‘ may not be available’ which should read never available and yes the prices do change while you are shopping on line . You have to be very careful.

I also do not need multiple notices confirming the same purchase.

It makes me wonder if I am sleep ordering. I shall not order on line from this site again.

ID
Service
Papyrus Deal
Pros
  • Variety of product
Cons
  • Price changes
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Papyrus card and stationery store

Beware! I have always liked the cards and stationery from Papyrus and enjoy shopping there. About a year ago, I spotted an embosser that I liked (a nice 3 line formal embosser), placed the order and picked it up three weeks later. After the second or third time of using it, only the last line showed up fully embossed on the envelope. The papyrus store is forty-five miles from my house so I didn't take the embosser back until I had reason to be in Atlanta again. I went to the store last week and was told the reason this embosser did not imprint was it had a weight limit on the paper it would emboss. It would not emboss Crane stationery or other formal weight envelopes. No one told me that when I purchased it. Because of the time factor, which I understand, they would not refund the amount, but they would not give me store credit either. This is not good customer relations. They sold a faulty product, a product they have discontinued since I bought it and yet they will not make it right with the customer. Beware before you purchase from Papyrus cards and staionery shop

For anyone reading this...you can use the embossers on Crane letter sheets, notes, and envelopes. However there are exceptions.

You can't use it on card stock.

Paper is fine. You can't use it on lined envelopes as this adds another layer of paper that can damage your embossing plate.

Were your envelopes lined? I've never had a problem with the three lined embossers unless the envelopes were lined. Much heavier stock will not work with any embosser (common sense).

View more comments (1)
ID
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article