Concerned employee at Palmetto shores

I am an employee with Palmetto Shores and Atlantica Resorts in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I am writing this to voice my concerns, I have sent a detailed email to the managing company of our property to voice those concerns. I am posting here in hopes that this along with my email , that maybe some changes will take place. The management staff at this resort lacks the communication, integrity, and ethics, that I feel are necessary for the proper running of this resort. We have managers who speak badly of the resort, We have managers who lack the communication skills to be able to efficiently run this resort. Our GM, has called this resort several bad slang names, our Resort Manager, has replied with very crude remarks and profanity when approached about guest concerns or complaints. Our Front Desk Manager, has no previous hotel experience. The one manager, who actually cares about this resort, its staff, and guests has rendered his resignation. He has more positive reviews on this site than any other manager or staff member at this resort. And goes beyond his call of duties to ensure that the guests have the best possible stay possible. We have housekeeping issues, we have inspectors who inspect rooms, yet they miss pretty big things on the list of is this room ready. How do you not notice no linens on the beds or dirty bathrooms. Yes, we have come leaps and bounds from where we were when I first started my employment, but we still have a long way to go. We have maintenance issues. But they are minor in comprasion to the other issues we have here at Palmetto Shores. The front desk staff, has very little control and power to try to correct guest problems. And are met with rude comments, disrespect, and complete lack of management help, let me refrain that, the one manager we have who cares, does not come in until 2 pm, and he deals the the majority of guest complaints. Sometimes, all a guest wants is a little compassion, and I understand that. I know what it is like to save for a vacation and want that vacation to be the best it can be. I know we are an older property, but there are things that could be changed that would improve this resort greatly. Having Wi-Fi throughout the property, having housekeeping service and clean rooms properly, having a more timely and efficently way of checking in our guest, doing more than giving them breakfast when they complain. We, as a front desk staff, should not have to run around looking for a manager, when a problem arises that we can not handle. Overall, we are a good resort, with employees who care about the property and the guest, unfortunately, most of our managers are not included in that group. I am hoping, if this review is read by our managers, owners, and partners, that maybe, just maybe something will change. I am hoping that people who read this will give our resort a chance to prove that we have changed, that we have employees who truly care if you have a good stay, and sincerely want you here. Stayed December 2012
ID
Livingston, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article