Bait and Switch.

Update by user Mar 10, 2015

Palmfanstore is located in Greensboro, NC 3119 Battlefield Ave

Original review posted by user Mar 10, 2015
I ordered a tropical ceiling fan for our Sunroom that we recently remodeled. I ordered a two-toned fan from Palmfanstore.com Specifically becuase the picture showed a light colored center blade with a dark edge. This would compliment our bamboo in the room. We have both light colored bamboo and dark. Unfortunately when I received the fan, the blades were a SOLID tan. They were NOT two-toned. There was a very slight hue change within the tan, but there was absolutely no defined Two Tone colors. I immediately called the store and talked to Bradley, he instructed me to mail them back, gave me the address and the next day I went to the UPS store to ship them. When I got the ths UPS store, they told me it was going to be $57 to ship them back, I immediately called Bradley and asked for an RA label, and explained that I shouldn't have to be responsible for paying for shipping when I didn't get the color that was promised me in the internet photo. He said, no problem. Take a picture of the blade, email it to him, and when he received it, he would send that picture to the MFG and they would credit him the cost of my shipping since the blade didn't match the picture of the MFG picture. I emaild all of this so I would have a written communication and reluctantly paid with the hopes that they would honor their word and reimburse me when they received it. The NEXT day I received an email from a JEff. He apologized for "jumping into the middle of our conversation" and admitted to not having any knowledge of our conversation, but that I should just mail back the blades. I apologized and said I'd already mailed the whole fan back. He then told me I wouldn't get any refund because they only refund for defects. I explained that there was no question about defect......It was about IT WAS NOT THE COLOR THAT WAS IN THE PICTURE. Why should I have to pay to send back a fan that was clearly not the fan I ordered?? No matter how many times I explained this, he argued this with me. I even pasted a picture (that I emailed off the UPS store computer to my phone and attached it with the picture I took with my phone of the blade in their parking lot) Jeff continued to argue with me and said that if I'd installed the fan into my ceiling that it would have magically changed to the color I wanted??????? REALLY???? Now why would I have done this? Their website clearly states if I install it, I get NO Refund. So, I'm thinking this is what they were after. Two weeks went by, nothing. No refund. I tracked the package with UPS and it showed Bradley signed for it. I checked my bank, no signs of a refund. I emailed Jeff, he had another excuse about a snow storm and that I'd get my refund. I checked again and finally I saw one. However, conveniently, it was now LESS the "FREE SHIPPING" that it originally came to me by???? So, now they charged me $32.92 for me to send it back to them?????? How does that work????????? Didn't I sent it to them??????????? And didn't I pay $57.81 to do that????????????????????? So now I'm paying them almost $100 for a fan that was the wrong color that wasn't any way near the one that was in the picture on their website and me, the paying customer has to be penalized for that??? This is clearly not a company that wants to be successful, nor are they successful nor will they EVER be successful! Which is why I'm filing a BBB complaint, and a small claims lawsuit. And have already written complaints on Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, LinkedIn, Google+ and anywhere Else I can find. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. They are scammers. Each time I email them, I get answers back from them that sound like they are on something. Jeff is now saying Bradley answers back emails for him and doesn't put his name on them, making me think they're from Jeff. When on my end they've come from jeff's Iphone. They are now emailing me pictures of their fan saying it's different coloring. It's the same picture I've been attaching. I just don't know what's going on with these people. The picture I took with my phone clearly shows a fully SOLID TAN blade. Their picture they sent me is the same website picture (with a strike thru) as if its my fan put together. UM, it's the same website picture. just with a strike through. Again, these people are taking things. These people are scammers. They have other complaints filed on Ripoff report.com They're store front is fake. Do not shop there. Shop at Fanimation.com, Lowes.com, Lampsplus.com, Seattlelighting.com. ANYWHERE but here.

Really Ma'am, are your serious about all this stuff you are making up. I got sick of reading the falsehoods.

You ended your rant about a photo we sent you, and that we tried to say it was the actual fan you sent back in the photo. That was never stated to you. I personally told you I was taking the photo you saw online and adding a white stipe through the middle so you could see that the blades were never supposed to be white, which is what you claimed to have ordered. Yet your order says your ordered TAN blades.

Then you end your rant saying our storefront is fake.

Well, question, did you not send the fan back to that "fake" store address, where we received your product at the "fake" storefront and proceeded to refund everything to you with exception to the shipping cost?

If the storefront is fake, when how does things get delivered to it?

Please, start telling the truth.

ID
Cons
  • Bait and switch
  • Picture did not match product
  • Bradley
Reason of review
I want my shipping refunds
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article