I was a victim of a bait & switch scam.

Palimeri movers charged me over $4,000. to move my belongings from a 2 bedroom house with two small sheds to a smaller two bedroom condo. Most of my property that was housed in the storage sheds needed to be moved to a local storage area. I was assures by the co. representative upon the on-site inspection of the home (at my request) that not only would my chattels be neatly put into storage, there would be aisles down the center & the sides of the storage unit which size he suggested. Of course this was the largest unit they rent.I would find out later that Palimeri and extra space have a deal with each other. Two trucks showed up on moving day, one was loaded first with the contents of the sheds. &5% of what was loaded on that truck, I would never see again.when I went to check on their unloading at the storage site, the movers had built a neat wall of boxes & magazines( which belonged to the owner of the home , not I;which we had gone over during the onsite inspection). I was lead to believe my property was behind this wall Sadly, it was not.What little of my property that did make it in there was strewn about in a mountainous mess. It took months to take stock and realize that many of my priceless heirlooms were gone. I learned fr: the clerk at the storage facility that a second truck had entered and exited the gates within an hr. on moving day. so when hey had told me that they were "breaking for lunch" they were fleecing me of my chattels.After "lunch more men were added to the job and I was told that "you cannot hold up the workers". young men were running thru the house and grabbing items that were not packed. It was ABSOLUTE CHAOS!! When i complained to the supervisor, I was told. "We will work with you. now that there are more guys we can't stay as long, we must get loaded up so we don't get stuck in traffic!"More than 1/4 of each of the 7 rooms was left behind, whether in boxes or not. It took myself and two neighbors another 48 hr.s to move the property left behind in our personal cars. I was in shock when I opened up that storage unit door, only half way because they had busted it off the track on moving day. Their half empty lunch bags & juice bottles were all over the entrance floor. The light. switch string had been ripped from the socket as well. it was over a wk before two weeks before the door could be fixed and I was able to access the not only the disarray and blatant damage of the contents but the on going search for the expensive antiques and treasures I had paid to be carefully covered wrapped and or packed. None of my 20= phone calls were ever returned. Early on a secretary had stated that since I signed the contract (hurriedly 5 hr.s prior to the original time the workers were hired for, with a different crew manager taking his time and redoing the bill for over an hr. as each worker was told to go home, leaving only he & I ) that the fine print stated I agreed that everything was O.K.. HE was saying me additional costs is what I was pacified with at the time.I was ripped off and Robbed I company I had been referred to by a friend of a friend & apparently accordinging to the cleverly worded contract, I didn't have a leg to stand on.

But I guess you found this out. Next time go with a reputable moer.

ID
Bridgewater Township, New Jersey

About

Palimeri Movers FAQ
A: Website accept all major credit cards, bank checks, money orders, cash. Personal checks only accepted for deposit. A: No, it is The User's discretion as to how The User of Website want to tip the movers. A: Palimeri Movers do not transport any food that is perishable or open. www.palmierimoversandstorage.com also cannot transport any liquids, gas cans, paint cans, propane tanks, medication, alcohol. Have driveway clear of all cars before the movers arrive. Have all boxes taped and labeled as to what room they belong in. Transport all valuables The User of company services Computers, laptops, iPads, iPods, jewelry. Give mover cell phone number as The Client's home phone is most likely to be disconnected. Any outside garden equipment needs to be drained of any and all liquids. Washers and dryers need to be drained and disconnected. Refrigerators need to be disconnected and empty. When packing boxes make sure The User have enough tape around the box and paper or bubble to protect The User's items inside.
To read more: https://www.palmierimoversandstorage.com/faq-s
Summary

Palimeri Movers is a company that provides moving services. Palimeri Movers offers its services for apartments, offices, condos, single-family homes, town houses, fragile items (musical instruments, pieces of art and antiques). The assortment of company’s services includes storage, moving supplies, packing and crating, short-notice moves, and low-cost packing services. It doesn’t matter whether you want to move to another house or another office. Palimeri Movers are always ready to help you. Exceptional services and affordable prices will amaze any customer. Palimeri Movers is considered to be one of the most reliable and respectable companies in moving industry. Palimeri Movers makes all moves quick and easy!

Palimeri Movers reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article