Cant go live

I would like to ask clarrifications why i cant go live and if i have shortcomings i ask also apology thank you

User's recommendation: Follow the rules and regulations.

General Trias, Calabarzon

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I have a FREE account and got charged $59!! No way to cancel the account... Where in the world do you find such incompetent and totally none responding customer service...PAGEMODO! By far the most irritating, lying company that should be shut down for taking advantage of people.... Their free account will charge you even if you don't have an auto renewal picked on the dash board....the dashboard shows FREE account but at the same page you are charged a ridiculously high renewal fee!! YOU HAVE TO BE A PAYING MEMBER TO GET THE CUSTOMER SERVICE'S EMAIL, PHONE OR CONTACT INFORMATION!!! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE
ID
Cons
  • Billing practices
  • Waiting for response
  • Billing issues
Reason of review
I have a FREE account but was charged $59 without me authorizing it!!

Pagemodo Scam

I signed up for a "free trial" a year ago, but when the subscription posted, it was at a rate higher than advertised, and higher than i was willing to pay. I sent in a note asking for help with that, and got a form letter in reply saying that someone would get back to me. That was January 2015. Nobody ever replied, it got buried, and of course I forgot all about it. Until the auto-renew kicked in yesterday. (I never selected auto-renew, so I guess they automatically nail you with that.) I got charged $75 for a service I don't even use, much less know how to use it. I have sent 4 responses to Pagemodo in the past day, and all I get are these form responses that promise to get me a human response but it appears there is no human on the other end. I went to the Pagemodo site, and it seems the only way I can get phone support or email support is if i pay ExTRA. REALLY???? I think this company is shady.
Austin, Texas
Cons
  • Billing issues
  • Billing practices
  • Waiting for response
Reason of review
Pricing issue; Poor customer service; problems with payment; lack of response

Pagemodo Duplicate Billing Practice

Pagemodo has double billed my debit car for the past 10 months. Customer Service refuses to refund the difference after numerous phone calls and emails. They have every excuse for not returning the difference to my account upon being notified of the issue. This matter has not been resolved for over 30 days. Each time I call customer service to no avail I am unable to access a supervisor or the owner of the company. Unfortunately, I am still pursuing emails with various representatives and still no resolution. Very Unprofessional and cavalier about the double billing practice. Watch your billing.
ID
#652051 Review #652051 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Waiting for response
  • Billing practices
Problems with payment

I cannot delete Pagemodo

Facebook, within 24 hours of my putting up a pagemodo said I owed them appros $25 from April 2014 when I cancelled my FB ads account. This vharge was dismissd because it would cover May 2014 and I ended in April OK, good. Then I see FB wants to bill me for my teeny pagemodo, so I try to delete Pagemodo,,,,,ridiculous...I want ther *** (which I designed anyway off both my FB ads. If I could find a ph # or email, I'd write them but cannot find this. It should be simple to cover my pcover photo on FB...But OH NO
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
Pros
  • Your designs
Not as described/ advertised
delete my pagemodo NOT my Facebook

Horrible customer service, incompetent billing

I used Pagemodo a few years back for a FB page I had where I was basically running a store on FB selling clothes. I never had any issues with the service, software or billing. Now that I'm focusing on a new FB fan page and business I tried to sign up for a new account on Pagemodo and my card was declined twice- claiming my address didn't match the one listed on my card. They did ask for my zip code on the check out page, which I entered correctly and have even double checked my card account after the issue- both zips are the exact same- THey did not ask for any other address info though so my card was declined twice and I had to call my debit card provider just to get my money back since Pagemodeo had a hold on it.... My big issue now is that when I contacted customer service about it they were unhelpful and didn't even address my primary concern which was that I wanted to use the service but their system made some kind of a mistake about not verifying my address. Instead the CS person just told me to contact my bank to get my funds released- which I already had taken care of. When I asked him to address my primary concern he said he would have someone from "back-end billing' contact me which I said yes please do- and I haven't heard a peep from him or anyone else since. They do offer phone support with the pro package but I guess it does no good when they can't even verify an address properly and their CS sucks. I just wanted to use their service and help figuring out what went wrong and correcting the billing issues since they weren't on my end. Instead, I get the run around and no help at all. I guess at this point, I should be glad the address verification didn't go through properly. If they can't even do that right or lie and say they'll have someone contact me and I have to wait well over a day and counting... that's just not an impressive way to run a business!
ID
Pros
  • Ability to schedule post
  • Their software
Cons
  • Funds being tied up
  • Customer service
  • Billing issues
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Continually charged my account after I cancelled, refuses to issue refund

I signed up with pagemodo several moths ago. While it seemed functional at first, I continued to run into technical bugs - broken links, screen freezes, broken forms. The kicker was when the software began posting other users posts to my Facebook page - causing a lot of confusion and costing me followers. I finally cancelled the service. While reviewing my credit card statements, I found they continued to charge my card after I cancelled. I opened another support ticket (they do not have a phone or even list a physical address on their website) and eventually received a reply saying they had NOT charged my card. I sent them a screen shot of my statement. They responded saying this screen shot was not proof and again refused to investigate further or issue a refund. A little research on the web found that while they claim to be based in Washington, DC, their support is outsourced to India and their founders have fled the United States and now live in Thailand. They run several other websites targeting American consumers. My advice? Stay away and look at their competitors. They have buggy software and steal from their own customers.
Rio Nido, California
Loss

PageModo.com ignored my multiple cancellation requests and continued to charge my debit card!

I tried the Pagemodo.com services and expected a 30 day, full refund guarantee like they promised on their site. I noticed that the pricing for the second month was going to almost double for the service plan that I had chosen, and I proceeded to cancel my account. First and foremost, there is no way to downgrade back to their free service, or even lower your service plan through your online account manager. Also, there is a "How to Cancel Your Account" FAQ, but when you follow the directions to actually cancel, the link is not available and nowhere to be found. Most importantly, this company has NO telephone number to contact them! I could only email my requests to cancel, and I had emailed them approximately 4 separate times prior to the next billing cycle (emailed 3 days prior during the weekdays). I never received any response. Instead, I received another charge on my debit card for the next month's charges, a day before the "scheduled payment date!" Then to top it off (after I emailed every department I could), I was finally contacted by "Support," and was told my $58 charge would be reduced to a $9 charge for the lower monthly plan, and that they would refund me approximately $48! So now, after ignoring my initial requests to cancel the account, they basically respond with "We are going to keep you as a paying customer, and see if we can get away with it." I am still awaiting my initial refund for the first "Trial" period, as well as my full refund for the second month's charges. Still no response from their support department after a day. DO NOT do business with these people!!! Supposedly, they were just acquired by Vistaprint, so hopefully they actually get to have a phone number to reach them to tell them that THEY SUCK!!

PageModo - spams endless - you can't call them, can't opt out I had to change my email.

These types of companies should held accountable - but they would rather find ways to get around spam filters than get real business!

you will regret signing up with these guys - guess what they don't care!

do not send them your e-mail unless you want endless spam

Upon seeing a "deal" on line, I decided PageModo would be a good tool. As soon as I got into the application the "deal" went up to full price.

Any BAIT & SWITCH is illegal. The prices on their page flip all over the place, but one ends up paying the full price every time! I sent an email regarding this immediately with no response. There are issues with the templates.

I emailed. I emailed far too many times and got no resolution. I am owed a refund of $238.95. I will keep posting wherever I can and I will get my attorney involved if need be.

I live in Nashville and folks always ask and value my opinion. I will definitely speak the truth.

SCAM! RUN THE OTHER WAY!!

The same thing happened to me yesterday 01/05/2012!

Below is the message I sent to Pagemodo

Hello there,

I was trying to downgrade my account (seems this is impossible to do) and accidentally upgraded to Pro Annual.

I did not receive a confirmation or any such thing.

After several attempts to downgrade to the free service, I decided to cancel my subscription (after consulting the HELP section of your website)

Imagine my surprise when I checked my credit card account a while later and noticed that my card had been debited of $159 and $19 respectively!

Is this a joke pls?

I was only trying to downgrade.

I have sent several emails and no response yet.

I don't want any issues please, just a refund of the full amount!

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I AM YET TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE!

I HAVE NOW SENT AN EMAIL TO THE CO-FOUNDER TOO

I'M SO UPSET!

I am having the EXACT same issue with them... I have sent 2 emails regarding my account, which it says it doesn't exist however I am getting billed $19 a month for a Pro Account.

I have been trying to cancel for several weeks with NO response.

DO NOT USE PAGEMODO until they provide a real phone number and a customer service dept. that will actually respond to you.

Hi Lashondra White

Im very sorry to hear that!

Please sent me a private email and describe your problem and i'll handle it for you.

Email: tk@***.com

Thanks for your feedback!

WOW! At least you got someone to respond.

I have had an issue since December 29, 2011 and i have sent numerous emails to pagemodo.com and webs.com. As of today, "NO HELP AT ALL!"

I am very frustrated and disappointed in the company.

I must say that I am impressed that Mr. Thomas Kjeldgaard, Co-Founder at Pagemodo, would personally respond to my post of dissatisfaction.

I am currently working directly with him to resolve my issue, as well as hopefully making the changes to the errors that have occurred, so that no other customers will experience my frustration. Thank you Mr.

Thomas Kjeldgaard. :)

Hi "No Way"

My name is Thomas Kjeldgaard one of the Co-Founders of Pagemodo.

First I'm really sorry to hear about this!

Second i'll correct this immediately.

Please sent me a private email to tk@***.com with your details and i'll personally make sure that this get corrected.

Again I'm truly sorry about this and i will look into what happen as this should never happen again.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards

Thomas Kjeldgaard

Co-Founder at Pagemodo

You are absolutely right about that! The only problem was that I trusted the source since they were part of several other businesses (Webs.com & Vistaprint). I'm praying that this one doesn't come back to *** me in the *** Thanks for your feedback!

When you use a debit card instead of a credit card online, this type of scam happens---they can take the money automatically out of your account. Never, ever use a debit card.

For anything. You are only asking for trouble now or in the future.

View more comments (9)
West Covina, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article