Elaine F Hku

Reaction to published book

Page Publishing - Reaction to published book
I have just read Gannentaha by Jonathan Anderson published in 2023. Im shocked at the authors portrayal of Native Americans as maniacs, savages, infidels, uncivilized, and barbarians (his words) throughout the book. As an Onondaga County native, Im appalled that such blatant hate speech should appear in print. Your editors apparently choose to reinforce these damaging stereotypes.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t buy this horrific book.

Amber C Epu

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Complaint

Page Publishing - Complaint
Never got back to me. They lied from the beginning but their biggest problem was their editing. Unfortunately its pretty hard to find out how good or bad it is until you sign up with them. Its very bad! Also theres a down payment before you even begin. The salesperson, the pitcher as I call them, throws you a curveball but you dont see it until its too late.

User's recommendation: Judge this book by its cover, it’s a cover up, page by page!

AMBER J Lfp

Terrible. Lies Lies Lies

First off, their editing is terrible. Of course you have a wonderful sales person but I could tell as soon as that part was over the liaison or what ever title she had didnt sound so positive.

They use the word Hybrid, meaning they charge you but they lie when they say theyre as good & as professional as a Traditional Publishing Service. Nope! Of course its my first book, I have written other genres but they give you a 3 week to 4 week break before they call you. They did NOT read my manuscript, theres no way.

I accidentally used a wrong name for my character & repeated a paragraph ! Oh they tell you they do turn away certain writers so it makes you feel rather self assured, I dont think they turn away anyone, so my vanity went down the toilet ! Another lie! Anyhoo to cut a long story short, the second time the editing was bad too.

Id repeated a paragraph & they missed that, the only way they were helpful was about suggesting I put headings on a couple of chapters which I had missed. When I brought up the editing again she starts quoting some Chicago Guide Of Editing blah blah. I was furious, I said!

I told your sales person my major issue was editing, she told me you were 100 % professional editors which was a blatant lie. I have friends that arent great spellers & they were pointing out mistakes!

User's recommendation: Avoid them at all costs.

Vir Lzs

Your phone number +91 6398 *** *70 is banned from using WhatsApp Business. Please contact customer support for assistance.

Aliceson Kkt

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Page publishing goes out there way for their customers

I have no issues that page publishing couldn't take care of... Customer service handled everything...

User's recommendation: Page publishing goes out of their way for their customers

map-marker Roseburg, Oregon

They rip people off, refusing to give honest $ accountability and they withold all the royalities.....NOW saying after two years my mothers two books only made $28.00 . ALL LIES from my research

VERY GOOD...People are waking up. Whenever you ask for the Two heads..they use the excuse they are about to "Go into a Meeting, and we will call you back." they never do.

PLEASE PLEASE WARN people about PAGE TURNER AND I UNIVERSE...they both appear to be the same.

I called them on 6 SEPT to let them know my mother had passed two days before. THEY then called me back, having me speak to one of their women who tried to pretend she had a childhood like mine and she ended up asking me to give them over 80,000 before the end of the month to write screenplays.

I could hardly believe the coldness and heartlessness. THEN ZANE tried to tell me ( my mothers finance assistant, I was sending PT Money;, Book Editor and manager) that I was "Greedy" I once was married into a Filipino Family, and these people give the culture a really REALLY Bad name.

User's recommendation: PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY> GO WITH A BOOK AGENT if You can but DO NOT SELF PUBLISH as these companies PLAY on your EMOTIONS and think they can play on your being $ manipulated.

Pernell S Tsk

| map-marker Deoria Sadar, Uttar Pradesh

Book order ( The Heart of a Champion are you ready for the Battle)

Your customer service is not very professional. I called to ask about placing an order for a book you published for me. The person that answered the call after asking can she help me, i said i would like to purchase copies of my book. She said this line was just for people wanting to receive their free kit., and hung up the phone. Which was not very professional. It was a little rude.
Pros:
  • Hard to say at this point
Cons:
  • Need better customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Training for the staff on customer service/ professionalism.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article