Convert tub to walk in shower

Placed order and started payments to EnerbankUSA, their lender. Placed order in sept, 2018. Installation Mid January, 2019. After promised install between Thanksgiving and Christmas, 2018. Job looks to be well done. I had been a contractor years ago, so I was aware of his and watched much of his install. I did not bother him or try to have him make changes to his way to do the job. When he needed a spare hand I gave him one. It makes a much more beautiful bathroom and we like the look. We've only used it once, so time will tell, but I feel that he did a good job of installing it, even with some of the unusual conditions of our home's construction. He used his head and thought about what he was doing and was very careful. He worked hard. The only draw back was how long it took to get started, but we were willing to let them delay the start. We are glad we had Dustin do the job. A more caring installer is hard to find.
Santa Paula, California
Pacific Coast Rebath Bathroom Remodeling
Pros
  • To soon after completion to evaluate company
Good quality

Horrible Job Performed

Back in November we had our bathroom "rebathed". It was the worst experience EVER! I would not recommend this company to anybody. The "supervisor" dropped the sink on his workers head and the worker proceeded to complain about pain and not feeling well. Two days after the work was performed we had a MASSIVE plumbing issue. Which was not a coincidence as we had not had an issue prior to the work being performed. This resulted in contacting the supervisor of Rebath and insisting they send a plumber out on their dime. Well the plumber showed up but it wasn't on their dime. The entire situation went from bad to worse. During this time photos were taken of the mess that was left behind of shoddy work. We had *** left in our hallway where they had hit it with their equipment and MANY chunks taken out of the bathroom cupboards, boot marks left in the "rebathed" tub that we were unable to get out and the bathroom door was not put back on properly after they had taken it off. It was put back on *** Rebath sent one of their painters out who spent the entire day working on trying to fix the damage that was left to the bathroom. A stop payment was done on the check and we then received threat that they would put a lien on the house for doing so. Never once did a Manager come out to the house to see in person the mess that was left by the so called Rebath crew. To this day the bathtub is dull, has bleach marks left where the second worker put some sort of bleach on the boot marks and there is a patch on the hallway wall. NEVER hire Rebath to do work in your home. You will not be happy with the work. Go to someone else who knows what they are doing and has the professionalism to want to make the customer happy. This team does not have experience in customer service and only cares about taking hard earned money from people
Oxnard, California
Pacific Coast Rebath Bathroom Remodeling
Cons
  • Customer service and lack of experience of staff
Bad quality

Where do I start

I do not know where to begain with Pacific Coast ReBath and where to end . A year and a half later and still my shower still not completely finished. The worse Company ever. And it's been a night mare from ***.. I will finish my review after they finish there job, if they ever finish. $6700. Later.. I will never ever recommend ReBath to anyone,
Pacific Coast Rebath Shower Installation
Order processing issue

Worst company I have ever had to deal with!

After months of waiting to be put on the schedule (because they are making your bathroom fixtures in AZ) They showed up with nothing to start my"2 day" job! They told me the vanity had been damaged but didn't tell me EVERYTHING was also broken. The tub was not the one I ordered but they talked me into using the one they had that one turned out to also be damaged. They took the room down to the studs damaging the rooms on either side of the bath and then left. They didn't show up for weeks after that most of the time not bothering to call. I finally called re-bath central headquarters in AZ and made a complaint The Oxnard office said they didn't understand why I was so upset! It is 24 days into my 2 day project I have missed a vacation with my grandkids and had many bad days trying to just get them to live up to the promises their salesman made. After the AZ complaint they did manage to start working but the work is not worth the 12,000 they charged. Now they are demanding more money (they have 9000.00) and they are not finished. They said I would be compensated for all the time and hassle but it turns out a month of re-bath *** is only worth $200.00 off the bill that its an insult. I am not sure how this will turn out I really do not want them in my house again would be happy to just hire someone else to finish the job.
Morro Bay, California
Price reduction

Pacific Coast Rebath Shower Installation Review from Simi Valley, California

Horrible experience with these jokers. They didn't send the "welcome packet" that theh emailed about - even after I called. They didn't call me to schedule my installation. I had to call THEM to find out my date. The day before my scheduled installation they called to change it. After the demo, they discovered a defective shower pan. So their 'inspection' process must suck. I had no shower for almost 2 weeks. They don't return phone calls and they don't want to accommodate their customers for massive fiascos. Do NOT use this company. Instead of treating me like a customer paying nearly $8,0000 for a product and service, they treat you like you're purchasing tacos. HORRIBLE ALL AROUND!!!
#1205769

We got a *** job in our bathroom. I am reporting them to the State Contractors Board

Simi Valley, California
Pacific Coast Rebath Shower Installation
Bad quality

Impossible to Get Someone to Come Back

We had a problem with the original tub liner coming off. They ordered a new one. When it finally arrived, months later, the installer got it stuck and couldn't move it. We were without a tub until he could get a helper the next day. This new liner is not lined up wit the floor ties, so it is obviously not tight against the original tub. The installer said he saw what I meant, but could do nothing about it. A consultant was scheduled to look at it the week before Thanksgiving. Now, in February, I still have seen no one. The faucet fell off today, so now we have no shower. With only one bathroom in the house, this is a nightmare. The tub liner is impossible to clean, a bottle of shampoo falling on the liner will put dents in the it, and the "mold proof" caulking is a joke.
Reseda, California
Cons
  • That no one calls when promised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

HORRIFIC Coast Rebath

I was referred to Pacific Coast Rebath by Home Depot and also checked them out here on Angie’s List before I contracted them. I was hoping to avoid “contractor craziness”, but, I’m sad to report, they been nothing short of HORRIFIC. I’ll put that another way: TERRIBE, POORLY MANAGED, CONTRACTOR-LYING SACKS OF ***. Their salesman – Thom (with an “h”…yes, isn’t it cute and funny and you can make a joke about it!) was all smiles and happy and salesmanship. I mentioned I didn’t want to be without the bathroom for too long and he said that we could be looking at the last week of the next month to get started (though he later told me he was “purposefully vague” about the start date. Isn’t that nice?) I’d done most of the tear-out, had the tile, vanity, sink, and fixtures picked out and on site, so I was mainly looking for install services. Signed the contract, gave them $1000 down (slightly more than 10%) and was told by Thom they’d call “within a week” to set-up an install date. I even let them know I was interested in redoing my master bath, which Thom with an “h” measured out. Then… Crickets. After not hearing from them for two weeks, I called them. I was asked by the receptionist if I was calling to make a second payment. No, I was looking for an install date. She asked again if I wanted to pay them more money. (Alarm bells started going off in my head. Really?!) No…I wanted an install date. This was the first sign something was off; it seemed like company policy to just start asking for MORE money upfront (which is, according to the California State Contractors’ Licensing Board ILLEGAL.) Finally, after several minutes on hold, I get the brusk-sounding “office manager” who turns out to be some contractor ***-clown. “Look, I just got your folder this morning,” he starts with (as if I care about how inefficient their office is.) “We can’t be out until the end of November. Your contract says 8-12 weeks.” Well, my contract clearly says “8 weeks” written there by Thom with an “h.” I told him that was too long and maybe he could just return my deposit and I’d find somebody else. Then he really got all huffy and contractor bs-y: “Well, um, I don’t wanna have to charge you a 20% restocking fee.” Then he pawned me off back to the salesman, Thom with an “h.” I didn’t even get “hi, how are you sir?” or a “how can I help you today, sir?”, or a “since we keep asking for more money maybe we could be considerate of our customers?” from this Neanderthal. Thom with an “h” calls. Blah, blah, more salesman-y talk: maybe if I made another payment they could move me “up on the list” (he actually left that message on my machine.) He said he knew they couldn’t get it done in the 8 weeks on the original contract. Never any sorry; never any “customer is always right” treatment from this group. Nope. Just typical, worst kind of contractor behavior. Still fighting with them to get my deposit back because, well, they’re HORRIBLE, MONEY-GRUBBING *** Bottom line: NEVER use these guys, NEVER call these guys, NEVER trust these guys if they tell you the sky is blue. And NEVER, EVER trust a thing Thom with an “h” tells you. Get the word out far-and-wide: like that scene from Pulp Fiction, Pacific Coast Rebath will tie you up and *** (and they won’t even offer to lube you up unless you pay them more money down.) Don’t be their Gimp. Follow-up: I’m filing a complaint with the State Contractors’ Licensing Board, with the BBB, with Home Depot, and with everyone I can talk to, come in contact with on social media, and I might take out an ad in the local paper (hey, might as well get my $1000 worth since they refuse to give it back.)
#1205772

This Company is a ripoff. Ms Storm the "Manager" talks as if she knows what she doing but they alllll have no clue.

I putting the word out on the jobs they do which is shabby.

Doesnt make it you sick and mad when these competitors make false reports against companies or when you have cry baby customers like these. You cant trust them or Home Depot once they have got your money. B/S

@PissedConsumer1073892

What are you talking about?

View more comments (2)
Full refund

Pacific Coast ReBath

Hired ReBath to remodel the Master Bathroom. We were told that they are nearly complete with the work. When confronting Pacific Coast Rebath that none of the work was done in accordance with the contractual agreement, we were told that it was a good job but they would fix only the things that we told them was installed incorrectly. Where is the organizational QA? We have now gone nearly 7 months of not having our bathroom in a usable condition and dealing with Pacific Coast Rebath. The only way for them to fix their work is to remove EVERYTHING and start again. When would that end? We have been put through so much already we told them to stop and we would hire someone else. Now they are threatening us with a civil suit to pay the full amount claiming they have completed the work. FACT: Our master bath was in good working order prior to the remodel which is now in worse condition then when they started. FACT: We would have both to take time off work to allow them to COMPLETELY rip-out EVERYTHING they have already installed. FACT: NONE of the work has been done in accordance with the contract. FACT: They did receive half of the payment prior to starting. FACT: We were told 3 days to complete everything which has now been more then 7 months. Make informed decisions before you decide who you want in your home. We certainly learned a painful lesson.

These sound like a bunch of cry baby home owners who expect something for nothing. People like this make me sick.

We had Home Depot out and had them install a bathtub and wall liner. Later the liner filled up with water and home Depot said the warranty was through Rebath Oxnard.

They just drained the water out and less than three months it filled up with water again. What a mistake!!!!!!!!

I got a quote from them just last week and been thinking about it. I feel I just missed being ran over by a bus.

Pacific Coast Re-Bath of Oxnard sent a registered sex offender to my home. I only background checked him after they swindled me.

What a mess!

I wish I would of researched this company first. Always check contractors license, just because it looks valid doesn't mean it is.

@PissedConsumer671071

they background check all their installers as well as home depot who rebath is a preferred vendor for....

I had a lot of work from these guys of the years just fixing their work. They have had problems for years.

Their work is just a slap and a promise with an emphasis on promise. Surprise they are still at it. I know one of them finally took off!

That was good advice someone gave on the California contractor board. Good luck!

First collecting more than 10% down payment is a violation of contractor law. Ask the board for an expert witness at no charge to you which they are required to do.

They are required to have an estimated completion date on the contract, if they dont delivery then they are in breach of the contract. They only have ONE chance to correct the problem, then they are in violation of the contract.

@PissedConsumer653402

i know many companies that require more then 10% down. the law actually states that they can not request down anymore then 10% or $1,000 (whichever is less; AND anything over 500 is supposed to be in a contract form stating the scope of work and make sure you know your rights...etc.

They also need to include a payment plan and rebath expects progress payments through out the scope of the work UP to 50%....and the other 50% isn't expected to be paid until the customer is completely satisfied. As long as its clearly laid out in the agreement, and the customer signed the agreement...there isnt any breech of contract.

Just b/c a large part of what re-bath does is done "behind the scenes" (meaning during the manufacturing process and ordering process...doesn't mean they aren't working on your project. its more then fair if you look at it as the progress payments of no more then 50% is re baths security that they don't get screwed; and the other 50% is supposed to be the customers security that they are satisfied with the work...i think that seems more then fair and falls withing CSLB laws for contractors.

@PissedConsumer787536

A quick call to the contractor board says you are talking bull *** Ten percent is it if they weren't afraid of their product being *** they would not need an illegal deposit

View more comments (8)
Port Hueneme, California
Loss

Pacific coast rebath misleading salesman and incomplete job

after waiting 2 months to get them over to fix my bathrooms (of course, they had to wait til i was on vacation to be "ready" to do the job) and being guaranteed the work would be immaculate and done in ONE day, they left my house a mess, left the front door unlocked, left the air conditioner on and dirty fingerprints on everything they touched. the project also took more than 2 days and is not even done yet. I asked for *** in my wall of my bathroom to be patched up and they put a HUGE piece of greenboard over it and just nailed it in uncovered and i have no idea what I'm supposed to do with this new piece of *** on my wall. maybe ill ask my artist friend to paint it as if it was a canvas. I dont know how they are in business. I plan to go to every review site and let everyone know how unprofessional this was. oh yeah, and if the salesman says they accept Home Depot credit cards DO NOT BELIEVE HIM. I got a home depot credit card just for this project for the 0% interest introductory rate...they would not accept it and at the end of the project i had to hurry and see what other form of payment i could use. i'm very disappointed and feel this is not what i paid for.

ReBath never showed up, and when they were getting ready to finally show up it was two weeks after the contract’s end date. “We’ll have your bathrooms done before Christmas!” was the promise.

This was in October 2017. By late January 2018, we were fed up and went to Home Depot (ReBath’s $12,700 was on our HD credit card) and confirmed with their customer service person that we had the right to cancel ReBath’s contract and jobs since they had gone well over the required 10 days of no-show/no materials/no work.However, although we thought it was settled, we got an email from Home Depot credit services this month, April, stating we owe $15,000+ on our card. We’ve filed a dispute ( which is really in the hands of Citibank, Home Depot’s creditor of choice), but today got a letter from ReBath stating they need us to fill out a cancellation form, and then they would “refund us” over $10,000, keeping their cancellation fee for themselves ($2500+).Essentially, we’re expected to pay $2500 for canceling a job that was never done... just to try and keep our excellent credit intact!!

I guess we’re supposed to be grateful to “only” have to part with $2500?!?We got a great local contractor to do our bathrooms, and we’ve been buying all the supplies from Home Depot.

We have a bone to pick with HD, because they keep passing us back to ReBath, though this phony charge is on THEIR credit card!I’ve called and emailed absolutely everyone involved—-Citibank, Home Depot credit services and ReBath. Guess the next call will be to a lawyer...with no guarantee we’ll win, and will be out the legal fees.Somebody, HELP US!!!

Rebath will not accept HD CC anymore They told me HD now does it in home instead of using contractor

View more comments (1)
Los Angeles, California

Pissed of Consumers Have No Idea

Update by user Nov 17, 2011

TILE GUY WAS NOT BONDED AND INSURED** (NOT)

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2011
Pacific Coast Rebath has never been terminated by their corporate office. that is totally ridiculous to say something if you don't even know it is true. Plus, whoever does there research on a site that is strictly for Pissed of consumers is a totally ignorant, where the argument is one sided and very corrupt. What creditability does it carry when we are unable to relate the source of the complaints. Most of these complaints are from competitors anyway...just trying to discredit the company to benefit their cushion their own pocket. With a company that installs as many bathroom a year it does; you are bound to not be able to please everyone. And, with that many new happy customers compared to the...(what?)...three/four complaints here? (PACIFIC COAST REBATH IS ITS OWN FRANCHISE JUST LIKE ALL THESE OTHERS….INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND OPERATED) that actually really isn't bad. And who would complain about a company just b/c they quoted you something higher than you wanted to spend? Anyone can easily low ball a project just to get your business, then later explain to you how they will have to charge you more b/c of something "unexpected" showing up; and by the end of it...you will probably have spent more! I loved the price guarantee that it wouldn't change unless I was the one to change something. Also...If that was the case with tile being cheaper...then don't forget to calculate that you WILL have to do it again in the future...lucky if it lasts 10 years; and that's ONLY if you spend the time to keep it clean and maintain it… Tile only looks good if you can keep up with the maintenance of it; otherwise It just looks ugly and old, again. Tile might be cheaper; but that goes back to if they are a LISCENCED company themselves...and, if not, then that discredits everything about how "Rebath doesn't have a license." I know pacific coast is Fully licensed and insured- and it is the consumers job to research that beforehand; not all rebaths are the same and, like ANY home remodeling project, not everything goes smoothly. Just b/c you don't find value in the product doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the company. And I understand the sealant problem...but, seriously? I swear too many people take such advantage of companies for the stupidest things, always trying to get something for free. If you hired a contractor to install a bathroom, would you call him a year later to tell him the grout is ugly and needs to be redone? Or if there was a clogged drain; probably not. I did work with a tile guy who quoted me a great price, but come to find out he was bonded and insured and as I used the shower more and more the tiles started falling off! I then learned he USED the wrong grout. And I had no ammo to go back and fight for it to be done right. So, I I had rebath come out to give me an estimate to fix this micky mouse job and it sounded great to my ears considering what I had just gone through with this other guy. I had Pacific Coast Rebath and remodel my bathroom back in 2006- and it STILL looks good. B/c I cared to ask questions I learned that most of the sealing is done BEHIND the walls and is not all relying on that strip of the Sealant on the outside- that is really just for esthetics. Also- there is Still SOME maintenance involved...the products don't mildew and mold; but soap *** does...anyway, I have been very please with my bathroom, and trust me, I had a small sealant issue too… The installer even told me that he isn't able to test the sealant until it dries, so in 24 hours if something comes up, give their office a call and he will be right back out to adjust/fix it. I was there to aprove the installation anyway; and their were a few concerns I had during the installation that I was able to correct before anything permanent went up. I asked enough questions and READ THE WARRANTY with what it covers, to educate myself on my rights should something happen. Anyway, although it took him until the end of the week get back over to fill in the sealant (which I will admit was a large part due to ME not being available or working...NOT him) it was taken care of.

I don't much of a company which says that if you get a good job that is great and if you don't than that is too bad for you

This is really confusing. Is this the owner of Rebath acting as a customer?

It starts off like the owner is talking then switches to a customer? Anyway, I have seen their work. If you want really high priced plastic cover up this is the company to use.

My advice like I give all my customers is no one every complains having a high quality tile shower surround. It cost less and the resell value is there years latter.

This is one crazy company. High prices for ordinary job tub this was just fiberglass

I have had to deal with theses guys and it was not a pleasant experience. We had a job done in Norwalk a couple of years ago and this company came out to redo a job another rebath company did and they were every worst.

We call about the warranty and all we had was a bunch of B/S for a life time warranty. We had them cover a tile and tub that was in the house for fifty year thinking that we were getting something the same. Forget about it!

et real tile and a real tub and you will never have to look back.

jealous of what?

I realize that, but I was typing from my cell phone, and that *** spell Check sucks sometimes! Nonetheless, you should be able to get the idea of where I was coming from.

No, I don't own a Rebath franchise; but, I am good friends with someone who use to.

and my husband is an installer for one of the rebaths, so I hear all about every thing they goes on. My whole thing is, I know as much as they try to seperate themselves from other contractors, when it is all said as done, they are still in The home remodeling business, and, like any other home remoder, there HAS to be flexibility.

So poorly written and it seems he is the Rebath franchisee.

If anyone sounds like the jealous one here its you. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

View more comments (7)
Los Angeles, California

Brands Related to Pacific Coast Rebath

ReBath

1.6
271 Reviews

“The salesman lied right at the beginning saying we had moisture damage behind the wall of newly...“

Home Brands Group

0 Reviews

Re-Bath and Kitchens

0 Reviews
logo

bluefrog Plumbing plus Dr...

Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article