ORTHOPEDIC REHAB SPECIALIST OF ROCKFORD, BYRON, BELVIDERE, DIXON, & ROSCOE.

In my opinion, ORS (Orthopedic Rehab Specialists) is Not the caring compassion employer they claim to be. In March of this year I had to have a hip replacement. After a bacterial infection and numerous other problems, my wife, who has worked for ORS for over eleven years, and who had taken her vacation time to transport me to the nursing homes, hospitals, Dr. appointments, and many other appointments was given just over twenty-four hours to make a decision to either return to work on the next work day or retire. When she explained the serious problems I was having and asked for family medical leave she was told that they did not have to honor FMA because they had less than fifty employees. She then asked just to take unpaid leave and this request was also refused. The answer she received was "I have a business to run" my wife simply answered "you are asking me to chose between my job and my husband's life". She therefore lost her job. After many years of completing any task she was asked to do and being told many times "with us family comes first." she lost her job to care for the very seriously, life threating conditions, of her husband. This statement and the new attitude of this company does not prove to be the real thoughts and beliefs by the owners and managers as proven by their actions. I am sure this attitude will carry over to other employees and also to the entire business. I am feel that when the other employees asked what happened to my wife they where told "she retired to take care of her husband." THIS STATEMENT IS A TOTAL LIE. She was forced to leave (fired) for not being able to return to work immediately. Life has gone on, THANKS TO GOD AND MY WIFE, and we will work through all of the problems the decision of ORS has caused, but it will be very hard to forget, forgive or endorse this company. I also believe that what "goes around, comes around" but I also would like the other employees to know the real truth and not believe the lies that I am sure they have been told. GOD BLESS all and may your days be filled with lots of sunshine.
ID
Rockford, Illinois
Cons
  • Decisions made by management
Loss
Preferred solution
For Information Only

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article