Scam artists

My Sub Zero ice maker was leaking so I Googled Sub Zero repair. The very first listed was http://orlimservices.com. I called and they came the same day. The technician looked at the ice maker and said it needed to be replaced along with the water valve. He talked to his office and obtained pricing for both which was $1,208.41. This sounded high but to get the ball rolling I signed a credit card authorization for 50% deposit of $604.21. The same night I became suspicious that the price was very high for a standard ice maker and called Sub Zero to get the MSRP on these parts. Orlim quoted $237.36 for the valve and $892 for the ice maker. The price from Sub Zero was $49.95 for the valve and $189 for the ice maker. I immediately called Orlim and cancelled the order whereupon they informed me that per the authorization there would be a 40% restocking charge AND a $200 cancellation charge which would have totaled $683.36. I have stopped the deposit payment. They are not an authorized Sub Zero repair company. I confirmed this directly with Sub Zero. I have booked repair with a REAL Sub Zero repair facility for less than half the cost. This company is obviously praying on people who are not well versed in repair cost and are willing to pay any price quoted. Not me! They claim to have a warehouse but their office is in a suite in a large office building, not a warehouse. When I called they insisted on the 40% plus $200 cancellation fee. Very dishonest! Watch out! I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the company's response was laughable. And I believe the glowing reviews are fabrications.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all cost. Sign nothing. Get recommendation from the manufacturer.

ID
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article