Excessive charges, poor service, poor quality

I booked a 1-night stay at Origins at Seahaven in Panama City Beach FL in mid-Feb 2012. I am a frequent in-state traveler, not a tourist. I thought I was booking directly with the hotel, although the booking agent spoke awful English. Advertised price was either $69 or $79. I did not know I was booking through Expedia until the confirmation e-mail arrived. The price with all the additional charges was $118, an additional $39-$49. I stayed at the same hotel 6 months prior for a total well under $100. Upon arrival I was charged an extra $82. The clerk could not answer my questions about the bill and claimed to know nothing about what Expedia charged. The clerk was not very cooperative, not very friendly, and seemed to have a bad attitude, and wasn't happy I asked about the bill. He had just had an argument with another customer about an Expedia booking. When I checked out, the female clerk was also not very friendly. I complained to her that the shower had no shower curtain and the TV was semi-functional. The only response was "Sorry 'bout that." Additionally, the bed sagged worse than some of the "cheap" motels I have stayed in. Final cost was $200 or $121-$131 more than the advertised rate. I am filing formal complaints with the Fla Dept of Ag & Consumeer Services against both Expedia and the hotel. It's a rip off; $40 automatic charge for cleaning the room; $40 automatic charge for damage waiver? What the heck is that? It's not an automobile and they already have your credit card # to charge any damages to!
ID
Panama City, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article