Shipping took forever and they charged me for hydroponics but never shipped (also no instructions)

This company sucks. Build your own kit. They kept saying the package was on the way...5 weeks later...finally got it. The problem is that it was missing the hydroponics kit and any instructions. And yes, I was charged for it. Their email responses are pathetic. Their shipping is ridiculous. It's a *** shame because the stuff I got looks high quality, but I have no idea how to put it together and I have absolutely nothing to plant it in (since they ripped me off). Do your research and assemble your own kit. I would absolutely not purchase from this company again. I just had to buy my own hydro kit because surprise surprise, they are completely unresponsive to my request. This company blows.
Loss

Scammed by original green grow

I did a lot of research on stealth grow boxes and found the best deal seemed to be the original green grow 2.0 from hydrogrowbox.com. I had an uneasy feeling as the company did not have a contact phone number and seemed to good to be true. I decided to give them a try after reading good reviews likely written by the company themselves. When inquiring by email about purchasing the box I received almost immediate responses. After the purchase of the box the responses took days.After waiting almost 2 weeks for tracking information and being told the box was not ready to be shipped, I sent an email cancelling the order. I eventually received a response saying they would cancel my order and get back to me about a refund...what!?! It has now been almost a week and have still not received a refund. After another series of emails demanding I be refunded, I was told that my box had been shipped and I'd have to wait for it to return to the warehouse so they could mail me a check instead of returning the money to my credit card. The best part was they responded to two seperate emails thinking I was two different customers with a cut and paste response about the item already having been ship and needing to wait for it to be returned to the warehouse to receive a check in the mail. Do not believe anything this company tells you. They are a nightmare. Every positive thing you read was written by the company themselves. If you Google map the company address it is just a house. I hope I can save even one person from making the same mistake I did.

Original Green Grow always says, "Good luck with your grow!" However, I have been waiting 5 1/2 months and still have not received my unit or refund. I guess I did no have good luck with my grow given that Original Green Grow prevented me from growing.

@PissedConsumer747425

I did finally receive a refund after weeks of back and forth non-answers from this company. Their customer service is a joke. You should contact your credit card company

No worries man I dealt with this company as well, they just take freakin FOREVER. But yea they are annoying when it comes to refunds.

@PissedConsumer730124

I hope so. This is getting so ridiculous.

I've been waiting weeks for my refund. They told me I would receive it in the next 5 business days, which is sketchy to begin with and tomorrow is day 5 and I still haven't received it.

If they really are a legitimate company they have extremely poor customer service. I hope you're right though and I will get the money back soon, at this point though I doubt it.

View more comments (3)
Brampton, Ontario

DO NOT buy from Original Green Grow, AKA Hydroboxgrow.com

I attempted to purchase a grow tent package from Original Green Grow, which is their Original Green Grow Box 2.0, via PayPal. This 'company' took 2 weeks to respond to requests from me concerning the shipping time. When they finally did get back to me, they wouldn't give me a straight answer as to why the product wasn't shipped. I opened a dispute with PayPal, and they finally agreed to refund my money...still with no explanation as to why the product wasn't shipped. That was over a week ago, and still no refund. Hydroboxgrow.com which is also known as Original Green Grow, is a SCAM! Do not buy grow products from them.

SAME Experience but mine was worse. It took them forever to get back to me and the product took 5 weeks to ship.

They kept saying it was on the way and should be there next week. Weeks would pass.

I finally opened the boxes and I had everything besides the hydro kit. I had the tent, light, ventilation, etc....but nothing to plant in, no mix, and ABSOLUTELY NO INSTRUCTIONS.

IT's too bad because everything else looks really high quality, but this is obviously a scam with the delivery and now I have to order hydro from someone else even though I payed for it.

NEVER will purchase anything from them again. The shipping problems alone show this is an unreliable company.

Spend your money elsewhere and build your own kit. It's what I should have done.

That sucks bro, I have gotten a couple grow setups from them and they def got the best price.... I asked them if they were having problems cause im about to order and they told me they had gotten a new supplier and it was good now...

You get any other grow boxes? always worth looking around for new ones

FINALLY received my refund. But, it took PayPal to get this done for me.

This company didn't even know that I wasn't refunded. This company kept telling me that I received a refund, which I didn't, and it took the good folks at PayPal to get my refund for me, finally, after telling these people, over and over, that I never received my refund.

At least it is over, finally. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

You have been refunded via PayPal for days...

We have done everything we can to solve this as fast as possible.

I am sorry we did not get you your product in the way you see fit.

We apologize for your inconvenience and wish you luck in your future growing operations.

Please do not accuse us of stealing. We have been a great company from the start, working to help those in need.

We are very sorry to see such a angry unhappy customer. Please feel free to contact us again if you need any help with you growing.

@PissedConsumer700638

you backpedal wonderfully...

Still blatantly lying. This order was never shipped, so how can you be waiting to 'confirm' it is back at your warehouse??

You told me in a previous email, right after I purchased, that you would send me tracking info 'as soon as this item was shipped'. If you did indeed ship it, then why wasn't there tracking info sent to me, or to my account which is still on your website?? And, even if you did ship it, it has been 3 weeks now...it would have made it back to your warehouse. So, why don't you send me the shipping information, then?

If you shipped it, send me the original tracking number. You're ridiculous, and so are your lies.

I am so sorry you feel that our company is a scam, however we have replied to your requests and will be refunding you fully after your shipment is confirmed to be back at our warehouse.

We are sorry your order did not arrive in the normal 1.5 week delivery time. This does happen when we have large sales and many orders to fill.

We will be doing everything in our power to make sure you are satisfied with the final result of dealing with our company.

Again we cannot apologize enough for the delay and confusion of your order. Good luck with your grow!

@PissedConsumer700134

Original Green Grow always says, "Good luck with your grow!" However, I have been waiting 5 1/2 months and still have not received my unit or refund. I guess I did no have good luck with my grow since Original Green Grow prevented me from growing.

@PissedConsumer700134

You are a lying sack of ***. You stole my money. *** you.

View more comments (8)
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article