Unacceptable business practices! ! Totally Absurd!

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP!!!! Get a load of this one - bought used car from dealership along with gap insurance about a year ago. Totalled on 4/13. Notified dealership, insurance company and gap insurance company within a few days after the fact. The dealership gave me gap insurance info, etc. Gave everything to everyone of what they needed. Found out today gap insurance did not pay their full portion. I called them. TURNS OUT - dealership didn't cancel service contract. I went to dealership. asked why. This dealership told me it is because - because. - I didn't tell them to cancel the service contract!!! WTH!!!! I SAID " I called you and told you car was totalled and you promised me that the difference would be paid." I AM PAYING ON A SERVICE CONTRACT ON A TOTALLED CAR - AND THEY KNEW IT WAS TOTALLED. THEY KNEW IT HAD A SERVICE CONTRACT AND NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT! I told him how I felt about this and told him how absurd it was! Mazda of Morristown on Ridgedale Ave! I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS! Perfect analogie - some dies - they have life insurance - insurance company is notified and they pay out policy - except it is not the full amount. Beneficiary calls to ask why did you not pay full amount? Response from life insurance company : "well, I know he/she died and that you notified us; however you never told me to stop monthly automatic withdrawls from decedent's bank account! PERFECT ANALOGY!!!! UNEXCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS! !!!
ID
Newark, New Jersey
Service
Open Road Mazda Of Morristown Customer Care
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article