Anya M Yuk

Verified Reviewer

Fraud

I bought travel insurance of $59 per ticket and has to cancel due to stage 4 cancer of husband. I still had to pay a cancelation fee and processing taxes to the airline.

The insurance was explained to me that it only covers the OOJO $200 penalty for cancelation of each ticket. It's a scam. I told them it sounded like fraud, since the insurance is just for their fees.

They told me, "Do you want me to refund your $59 and give you a $200 penalty then." Worst customer service ever. The sexism was potent on how he spoke to me.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

Brad C Vtw

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Improperly charged after cancelation request, Failed Customer Service, Faild to provide Refund. STEALING $1238

Oojo - Improperly charged after cancelation request, Failed Customer Service, Faild to...

I attempted to purchase 2 tickets to India from Oojo back in December 2022. Oojos internal processes struggled with completing the charge to my Credit Card.

This became such and issue that I had to cancel the order. After the cancelation Oojo then proceeded to charge my credit card without providing a Confirmation of the Order or the airline tickets. When I contacted Oojo again to ensure the cancelation would be processed. Oojos customer service was nonresponsive.

By the time Oojo got back to me, I had already had to move forward with purchasing tickets through a different company (at an additional cost of $150). Oojo refused to cancel the tickets (which they never provided) and informed me there will be a $260 fee per ticket for the cancelation.

Oojo only canceled the tickets a full Month and one half later, and only after I had to claim the transaction as fraudulent with VISA.

As of the time of this review Oojo has still not provided any documentation for the transaction (Purchase Confirmation/Receipt, Confirmation of Cancelation, Etc.). IT HAS NOW BEEN ALMOST NINE MONTHS AND OOJO HAS NOT PROVIDED A REFUND FOR ANY OF THE $1238 THEY WRONGFULLY CHARGE ME.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DON’T USE THIS COMPANY!

Travel Expert Talks

Travel Tips: Airbnb VS Traditional Renting

Oct 30, 2020

Is it safe to rent from local vacation rental owners? What are the pros and cons of Airbnb and VRBO? Mary Branum, a vacation rentals expert, shares her tips on how to look for places to stay, what are the best vacation rentals websites, how to avoid scams during bookings, and what to do if you face some issues.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article