JEFF ROWE owner of ONCE FLOORING DIDN'T COMPLETE THE JOB AFTER I PAID HIM

Update by user Nov 17, 2012

UPDATE: I filed a \"resolution\" with Angies list asking him to please finish the job. He never replied to Angie\'s list either.

So they put him in the \"penalty box\". I also filed with the BBB and he did not reply to their notice. They sent him a 2nd notice 2 and they have gotten no reply either.

I ended up flying out to the TX where the property is located.

I hired a new guy to finish the job that Jeff refused to complete.

It is not done thanks to another guy. Most expensive job ever, having paid Jeff and having to pay someone else to complete what Jeff decided he didn\'t want to complete.

Update by user Oct 18, 2012

Forgot to mention that he left the green padding that goes underneath the flooring still showing. He supposedly bought some brown kaulk (to match the flooring) with the $30 I gave him. But he kept that as well and didn\'t fill it in.

Original review posted by user Oct 17, 2012
To start off, I live in Arizona and have a rental property in Melissa TX. My new tenants where moving in on Sept. 14th and since my last tenants ruined the carpet, I decided to install laminate flooring. I hired Jeff Rowe on Sep 11th, 2012 to finish installing laminate flooring. The man I had originally hired broke his arm after only completing 1 room. Jeff seemed knowledgeable and so I hired him to finish the job. I have to say that he did do a good job installing the flooring and even fixing an error the previous guy made. To install the flooring, the boarders had to be removed from the wall. However, Jeff did not put the boarders back after he finished the floor. I gave him an additional $30 for Kault and some other stuff he said he needed from Home Depot. I thought he had finished the job because he sent me pictures of the flooring, so I paid him for the job. Since I was unable to fly to TX that week, I relied on the pictures he sent me. Well in the pictures, you could not tell the boarders where just standing and not nailed in or glued back on. It wasn't until the new tenants moved in that they saw it and informed me of it. I immediately called Jeff and he said he would go by that week to finish it, because he had apparently forgotten to do it. Well a week went by and he didn't contact either myself or the tenants to schedule a time. After giving him a week, I called him. I told him I would pay him extra if he needed more money to complete the job, because I really needed the boarders put back on. He said I didn't have to pay him extra, that he would do it because I paid him for the complete installation of flooring, which of course included putting the boarders back on. I even told him that if he had no intention of coming back to finish the job, that I would greatly appreciate it if he could at least return the Home Depot stuff I paid for. But he said there was no need for that because he would contact my tenants to schedule a time, but he didn't. After approx. 3 weeks and several phone calls later, I texted him because he wouldn't answer my calls, I told him I would report this on Angies List. He seemed concerned that I would report this. He contacted my tenants and scheduled to finish it that weekend. Well he never showed up, nor did he contact me or them to cancel. To make a long story short, today is October 17th and I have been calling him and texting him. He has not answered any of my calls or text messages. I think I have given him plenty of time to make things right. Now I have to hire and pay someone else to finish the job. I would recommend you NOT HIRE JEFF ROWE FROM ONCE FLOORING. He is obviously not an honest person. Keep in mind that if he did this to me, he can do it to anyone.

Next time call us. Furniture N Floors 817-718-****

ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

Once Flooring - Jeff Rowe - destroyed house

Hired Jeff to install hardwood flooring upstairs and repair wood floor down stairs. Needless to say we did not get what we paid for. The wood floors were installed upstairs and stained, however when the polyurethane was applied it bubbled up like a toad skin. It has to be completely re sanded and started all over again which he wont do unless he gets paid for the labor again. Also be aware that this 'floor installer' has none of his own tools. He rents the tools and bums money from the home owner to cover the costs. We are out 2/3rd of the cost of the project with less than half the work done and we paid for the materials ourselves. The down stairs patch job is the most ridiculous workmanship I have ever seen. He cannot match stain even slightly, he cannot tape and bed sheet rock worth a darn, he cannot texture, he cannot apply poly correctly. I texted him my frustrations and asked him to get this done because my house is in total chaos and has been for a month now. He told me he was done and walking away but not before he told me to *** off. This man is unscrupulous, unprofessional, and untrustworthy. Bottom line if you want the job done 'once' the 'right way' DO NOT hire Jeff Rowe!

Forgot to mention that he left the green padding that goes underneath the flooring still showing. He supposedly bought some brown kaulk (to match the flooring) with the $30 I gave him. But he kept that as well and didn't fill it in.

Sorry to hear what he did to you. I found your post because I was online looking for a place to report ONCE FLOORING owner JEFF ROWE. He also did me wrong. Below is my NEGATIVE experience with this man, hopefully this helps others.

View more comments (1)
ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article