JASON R Agc

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Sacramento, California

To help other people not waste their time and money purchasing from this company, (not to mention the frustration)

I went to my doctor, she said I have high blood pressure. She wants me to monitor my blood pressure twice a day.

She gave me an OMRON blood pressure monitor. That was supposed to take my blood pressure and send it electronically through MY CHART. I took it home and tried to hook it to my PC. I called customer support, the person on the phone didn't seem to be able to help me, she just said it couldn't be done.

I did some research and tried a couple different android emulators, I called OMRON customer support again, this time again the person on the phone was no help. I asked her if she could please transfer me to tech support. She informed me that she was there to help we with all my questions. I asked again for tech support, she started typing on a keyboard in the background, and she said she was in contact with someone, and they said it wouldn't work with blue stacks (blue stacks is an android emulator).

So I asked can I please speak with the person from tech support. I asked if blue stacks wouldn't work than what android emulators would. She couldn't answer . I asked again speak to tech support .

She said she couldn't do that . Then I asked to speak to their IT department . She couldn't do that either .She hemmed in Howed awhile, then said that he would call me back tomorrow. That never happened.

I continued trying to make it work through other android emulators. Finally I went out and got a Amazon fire tablet and tried that way. So once again I called customer support at OMRON, just to find out that their unit will not work with that tablet. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor told me that it would not work with that tablet and even if I got a device it would work with, their system will not work with THE MY CHART app anyway. I will never get a product from this company and I seriously recommend that nobody else does either.

Pros:
  • I can see no pros
Cons:
  • Everything especially customer support

Preferred solution: Them to go out of business

User's recommendation: Do not purchase anything from OMRON

Rhonda K Hhp

Verified Reviewer

Do you have the stem valve for omron bp742...

Do you have the stem valve for omron bp742 hem_7200-z1 I recently bought the hose which the stem valve came with it but doesn't fit

Resolved
Ron Pbr
map-marker Niagara Falls, Ontario

Resolved: OMRON BP791IT Blood Pressure Monitor loses computer communication ability

Updated by user Dec 03, 2015

Omron has now contacted me and confirmed that they will not be updating this product for use with Windows 10. Not a very progressive stance. However a very patient staff member did spend a significant amount of time helping me get my older Windows XP computer up and running to talk to the BP monitor.

Original review Nov 18, 2015

In May 2012 I bought the above for $100+. One of the deciding features for me was that I could download the BP measurments for both myself and my wife to our home computer and thus have a permanent record. Before attending doctors' appointments we could print out our results and have them available to the physician. Since then I've changed computers and upgraded to Windows 10. Now the monitor won't communicate with the computer and I've lost those advantages. Omron personnel say they will not be upgrading their software to work with W10. Cust. Service told me that my situation is that I have a software problem and that I'll have to talk to their software people. There was no software staff available to talk to me at that time so they took my contact information and would have them call me. No call has resulted. I conclude that OMRON has no concern about having their products work after they have sold them to you and that they don't even have the decency to honour promises to return phone calls.

They still advertise this product with its related software for sale on the product page with the statement "Omron Health Management Software (OHMS) allows you to easily upload data from you blood pressure monitor or pedometer directly to your personal computer". Further in the article it states "Compatible with Windows® 7/Vista/XP/2000".

This is a good lesson in the importance of reading the fine print!

What have I learned? STAY AWAY FROM THE OMRON NAME!

Loss:
Reason of review:
Product not supported

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

Glad you got it resolved.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article