Price much higher than phone quote

Tried to get water heater from Hone Depot in Tulsa and I needed installation too. Home Depot prices were good. The 50 gallon water heater was only about $280. The copper hoses were $10 each and their 24" drip pan was $9.99. Home Depot put me in direct contact with Olsham Plumbing. I asked Olsham if the prices were the same whether I purchased them at Home Depot or whether Olsham bright them on their truck and Olsham told me that the prices would be the same. Also Olsham said they did competitive price matching. Olsham was able to come to my house the same day. I also checked with Lowes who gave me a full installation price including copper hoses, drip pan, nipples, 50 gallon Whirlpool water heater, and the city permit for only $628 but Lowes needed 4 days before they could install. Olsham arrived at my house and they increased the price of each item by a factor of 7 or more. The $9.99 drip pan from Home Depot now cost $79. The copper hoses now cost $72 each. The Olsham price estimate on the phone was only $780 but in person their price increased to $1200. I used to love Home Depot. I thought they were always super honest but now I see them in a new light. Olshan has ruined Home Depot's reputation.

Talk to the manager at HD and advise him of what the contractor they recommended is doing. Also, get someone else to install the water heater.

ID
Mannford, Oklahoma

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article