Failed foundation repair

Foundation repair performed in 2009 failed. Approximately two years after the repair, removing the finished walls over the repaired area to investigate a water leak revealed new cracks in the foundation. The leak was secondary to new wall cracks and buckling in the repaired area. The metal plates for the repair were no longer flush with the wall, and one of the anchor rods could be pulled completely out of the ground intact. I found it necessary to hire another company to correct the damage, incurring significant expense, as it was necessary to tear out finished walls and a bathroom. Olshan has little interest in warranty work.

They do very poor quality work for cost me $11,000 and 2 years later house is was not level i told them at 7 months after and they were *** and denied it.

@Marrissa

You are a seven year old child with terrible spelling and grammar, this did not cost you anything, if anything your parents should be complaining about the cost and not getting the service they wanted. I don't know what job pays a seven year old enough for them to save up $11000.

View more comments (1)
ID
Birmingham, Alabama

Foundation Screwup

4 years ago,we paid Olshan Foundation Repair to fix our foundation.After 3 attempted repairs,our foundation is worse than before they started.We gave up & asked for a refund which they replied that they needed $500 more for a 4th attempt.We promptly refused & haven't heard from Olshan since.I guess we could put a an in ground pool in that room but would rather get it fixed by a TRUE contractor instead.Their lifetime warranty doesn't seem to be so "lifetime".Hopefully this message will wake Olshan up & give future foundation repair customers some valuable info. Brad Dennis Wesley,Ar.

They had a guy doing work on pier and beam houses in our neighborhood but when we called for an estimate, Olshan said they did not work on ANY of these types of houses. (?!)

I think they have lifted my house too high as well. My driveway is destroyed and there are now sewer plumbing leaks under the garage portion of the house.

This is a follow up to the comment left concerning the "Foundation Screwup".An engineer with 23 years of experience was hired to inspect our foundation.After 2 1/2 hours of inspection he had the following to say:Yes,this foundation has been jacked up too high by Olshan Foundation Repair.The rest of the house has been affected by this repeated adjustment of the foundation.....No word from Olshan as of yet...??????

View more comments (2)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article