Poor Contracting Service

A contractor was recommended to me through HomeAdvisor. Ohio Valley Contracting... Owner: Bird Black/Dave Snowden Initial Quote Rough Estimate: 20k-25 by Bird Black Seemed very comfortable saying that. I then told him that I was impressed and that his quote seemed legitimate. I then told him he was well inside my budget of 30k-35k. He said that it wouldn't be any problem. He told me he had been in business for 17 years. He then went to work the quote for 630 sq feet addition with roof tie in. He came back with 33600k dollar quote and after I asked to see his proposal or justification, he never would provide it and refused to provide a quote for an option B that would be a workable solution if option A busted the budget. For all stated purposes, this felt like a contractor who was absolutely trying to get every last dime out of a consumers budget. With 17 years of experience, he definitely shouldn't have been off a quote by 13600 at the high end or 8600 on the low end and then refusing to provide a proposal. Terrible way to do business.
ID
Montgomery, Alabama
Service
Ohio Valley Contracting Of Leon Estimate
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article