Manipulated into Unnecessary and Harmful Hospital Treatment

In Fall of 2011, I had surgery to repair a leaky heart valve - a genetic condition that I had all of my life. The surgery and care were excellent - state of the art. But then I was told I needed cardiac rehabilitation, even though there was no damage to my heart muscles. For three months, I spent 3 hours a day, 3 times a week, on treadmills and other exercise equipment, after working 8 hours at my night time job. It was so exhausting and depressing, that even when I had time off, I would sleep 12 hours at a time. Nobody could convince me that the "exercise" was doing me any good, with the heavy price I was paying. It felt unhealthy. I offered to use sick time during the rehab (I had over 1,000 hours), but they wouldn't let me take it, because this was supposed to be a "new life style." They wanted me to continue being exhausted and depressed, after the unneeded rehab was over. To me, it was as though I had landed into the middle of a cult. They have a sign on their wall, that said "personalized health care." But clearly, they were treating me as they would someone who was there because of a heart attack, because that's what my insurance was paying for. It was the first time in my life, that I felt lied to and manipulated by people who were supposed to be my care givers.
ID
Columbus, Ohio

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article