Monique H Wcl

Awesome service (when needed)

Office Chairs Unlimited - Awesome service (when needed)

I wanted to share my experience with this company regarding the purcahse of my office chair. I ordered my chair without any issues and it was shipped by UPS from a company in Ontario Canada.

I was traveling the week of the delivery and for some unknown reason UPS attempted to deliver three times then returned the item. Needless to say I was pissed and called Office Chairs Unlimited to express my anger. I had been waiting on this chair for over a week. I called and spoke to Jennifer Hamilton who said she would speak with management to find a solution because I was absolutely not paying to have it shipped back out.

OCU called back shortly after our phone conversation and agreed to cover the costs to ship it back out to me, but they did place the blame on me as UPS apparently only tries 3 times before returning.

They took a bad situation and turned it around. I will shop here again.

Pros:
  • Great prices
  • Good customer service
Cons:
  • Delivery issues
Reason of review:
Good customer service
Barney Sro

Unacceptable customer service

I purchased a cabinet from this company; the first time I’ve used this company and the LAST time. I had to track down this order myself because of faulty tracking information.

I spent several days on the phone to try to get the cabinet delivered. Dealing with the shipping company they use was just as difficult. I actually ended up talking to Mike Harley, and the conversation turned so terribly bad that I asked to speak to his manager and, low and behold, he IS the manager and unbeknownst to me, even the owner! At one point during this disgusting display of customer service, he accused me of lying about someone who I had spoken to.

The person I named happened to be at their shipping company, but I had spoken to so many people at both places. Who was to know that I had to catalog everyone and everything said as if I was on trial. I own my own business and the way I was treated is unacceptable to say the least. I will not be using this company for anything that I need in any of my workshops or office spaces.

I will also dissuade anyone, who has a need for their products, from using them for their purchases. And a side note: I will also make sure that any company I order from does not use the same shipping company Office Chairs Unlimited uses, Holland Regional.

Frank N Fde
map-marker Alexandria, Virginia

Office Chairs Unlimited does not honor warranty

Office Chairs Unlimited...Mike Harley (Owner) refused to honor the warranty on my office chair. He claims there was a separate warranty somewhere in the package with the chair but none was found.

Warranty Information directly from Office Chairs Unlimited web site. As of Feb 8, 2010, this is the only information available to the public regarding a warranty on the Office Chairs Unlimited web site. This clearly states that Office Chairs Unlimited products, at a minimum, are covered by a 6 year warranty.

standard 40 hour work week by persons weighing 250 lbs or less unless otherwise noted."

If this chair is warranted for the minimum mentioned on the web site, the warranty on my particular model will expire May 22, 2013 at the earliest. This would be 6 years (inclusive) from the date of purchase.

There was nothing in the box with this chair that indicated anything regarding a warranty but had there been, it would almost seem...dishonest.

To imply on his web site that he chooses products that are of the highest quality and warranted "from 6 years to lifetime" then slip a 18 month warranty in the box is dishonest at best.

Mr Harley attempts to make the case that it is something I am doing wrong by stating the following to me in an e-mail dated Feb 5, 2010...

"Please keep in mind that this chair is designed to only hold up to 250 lbs. If you are over this weight, the chair will continue to break. Another cause of the chair

breaking can be leaning forward or to the side as to pick something up off of the ground. This type of motion wears on the mechanism causing it to eventually give. "

I informed Mr. Harley that I weigh about 190 pounds.

If this particular chair is not a "40 hour" chair or is designed to only be used on an infrequent basis/for display purposes only or is not an everyday chair, these facts should also be mentioned so the public will be fully informed.

Mr. Harley's also failed to consider or mention the very distinct possibly that the chair and/or mechanical parts are of less than suitable quality for a chair like this...which seems obvious to me.

Guest

Mr. Harley has improved his story to make himself and his company sound better and better.

I am not attempting to "tarnish" his good name. He did this on his own. I am simply one of those people that does not like being ripped off and I feel it is my responsibility to inform people when I am ripped off. I would hope all Americans would do the same.

That's business Mr Harley...you should know the old saying about a happy customer tells only a few people...an unhappy customer tells many, many people.

As is true with Mr. Harley, my story has not changed. The only information available to the public regarding a warranty on his web site regarding his products is that his chairs, "at a minimum, are covered by a 6 year warranty." (As of the original date of my complaint...this may have changed by now due the inquiries to his unscrupulous business practices by numerous agencies.

Warranty Information quoted directly from his web site "Manufacturers warranties range from 6 years to lifetime warranties. If your item is found to be defective at any time, replacement parts will be shipped to you by the respective manufacturer. Our products are rated for a standard 40 hour work week by persons weighing 250 lbs or less unless otherwise noted. Each product information page has the available warranty listed for that product. Please consult the warranty that ships with your product for complete details. Make sure you keep your receipt as well.

I informed Mr. Harley that there was nothing in the box with this chair that indicated anything regarding a warranty but had there been, it would almost seem...dishonest. To imply on your web site that he chooses the finest products that are warranted "from 6 years to lifetime" then slip a 18 month warranty in the box with the product, yes...that is dishonest.

5 Feb 2010 Mr. Harley wrote in an e-mail to me... "Another cause of the chair breaking can be leaning forward or to the side as to pick something up off of the ground. This type of motion wears on the mechanism causing it to eventually give."

Mr. Harley had no explanation other than this for the chair breaking for the 3rd time in the less than 3 years I have owned it.

Has anyone reading this ever worked in an office? Once in a while we do sit in chairs and pick things up off the floor from a sitting position.

If this type of motion or activity was unacceptable for this chair, maybe this should have been stated on his web site. Possibly in the same area that he claims that he selects only the finest office equipment with a "MINIMUM 6 year warranty."

Mr. Harley's actions remind me of the sleazy car dealers that used to spring up around military bases. I retired after 25 years in the US Army and now run the state of Maine Military Funeral Honors Program.

I am nowhere near the weight limit of 250 pounds for this chair. I do not abuse my furniture as he also implies.

Guest

Folks, this is merely an attempt to tarnish our good name. I have spoken with Mr. Norwood. He purchased an office chair 3 years ago from us. It has recently broken due to misuse and unfortunately he is outside of the manufacturer's 18 month warranty so he will need to purchase the part/parts he needs. Simply call us at 800-410-**** and we will be glad to assist you.

Michael Harley

Owner

OfficeChairsUnlimited.com

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article