Don't Buy at Ocean Honda-Santa Cruz

I attempted to purchase a new car with my Costco discount. The dealer originally told me they would honor the price. After 6 grueling hours and four pushy salesmen, I reluctantly agreed to purchase the car, but was told they couldn't possibly sell it that low, so I paid $600 more. The car was not in stock and was to be delivered in 10 days. They insisted on holding my trade-in and giving me a loaner, which seemed odd. Due to the negative experience and the overprice cost of the vehicle, I decided to cancel the transaction and informed the dealer. They ignored my requests. Tonight when I got home, I found the car had been dropped off at my residence without my knowledge or consent. When I called them about the situation, the salesman refused to remove the car and to return my old car. He was angry, rude and threatened me with law suits, saying I could not cancel the deal. I have not touched the new car, nor taken possession or completed the final paperwork or funding. From beginning to end, I was bullied, intimidated and tricked by ruthless salesmen. I want to terminate the contract, have this car removed from my driveway, and get my old car back, but they are refusing. I have no interest in doing business with a company that is so dishonest and disrespectful to their customers. Tomorrow I will be contacting the D.A.'s office and Consumer Affairs. What a mess! In the meantime, I found 3 dealers that would honor my price and without all the haggling, games and bullying.

I bought my current car from Ocean Honda and didn't get the best deal I could have, but that was on me; I knew I should have shopped around more before purchasing. The salespeople did the usual slimy song and dance, but what do you expect?

I did stop using their auto service; it is THE WORST. My next Honda will come from another dealer in the Santa Cruz area.

Man I feel for ya but if ya dont got the business sense to know when u are getting played out... then U will!

Good luck w/ that . Being in business I have a strict customer is always right policy .

However corps. dont care about that.

3 dealers are you going to buy 3 cars

I was surprised by this, as I tried to use the Costco auto program 3 years ago to purchase a Honda. At that time, Honda wasn't involved with their program.

Just looking again, Honda isn't a vehicle make listed on their program. Sounds like you tried to use your costco card to hold Ocean Honda hostage.l

We've bought 3 cars from them, and have dealt with the occasional pushy sales person. They've actually been a great company to deal with, in my case.

Did you sign over the tittle to your trade? If so, there really is nothing you can do about that...

realistically it sounds like you spent a couple of extra dollars but got exactly the car you wanted, so what if you got bullied by a salesman, do you know how many people out there are happy with their car salesman???

(Un-Shockingly Low). Not to mention, I'm sure the six hours you spent with the salesman was no picnic for him either.

Wish you luck with that...should have walked away when theY wouldn't honor the discount when they initially said they would.

View more comments (5)
ID
#207570 Review #207570 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Jose, California
Loss

About

Ocean Honda Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.oceanhondasantacruz.com/privacy.htm
Ocean Honda Privacy Policy
By using this site , The User and/or The Client's company, or directed entity accept the terms of this Visitor Agreement. This is a legally binding agreement between The User of company services the Ocean Honda ; please read it carefully. When using the Ocean Honda Site, The Customer may be subject to other posted terms and guidelines applicable to certain services available on or throughout the Ocean Honda Provided Site(s). All terms and guidelines on the Site(s) to Ocean Honda, including Ocean Honda's' privacy policy are part of this Visitor Agreement and incorporated herein by reference. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any features or services available at any time on the Site(s) to Ocean Honda are subject to this Visitor Agreement. Accessing the Site(s) for Ocean Honda in any manner, even through automated means, constitutes The Customer's use of the Ocean Honda Site(s) and The Client's agreement to be bound by this Visitor Agreement.
To read more: https://www.oceanhondasantacruz.com/privacy.htm
Ocean Honda FAQ
A: Road America is a network of tow trucks and emergency service providers. This team is carefully selected and highly trained to provide assistance when The User are in need of a tow, putting on a spare tire, ran out of gas, or if The User of company services locked The Client's keys in the car. Oftentimes this coverage requires no out-of-pocket expense. See contract for complete details. A: Over the years, Ocean Honda has heard a lot of reasons for purchasing a pre-paid maintenance program. Plus The Client can finance the cost over the life of The User's loan so most of The Client's maintenance costs spread out evenly each month. Plus, the 360-degree services provided by the Car Doc program protect the value of The Customer's vehicle and maximize its resale value. A: Key replacement will provide The Client of Ocean Honda with one replacement key for The Customer's vehicle. It also provides services if The Customer ever lock The Client out of The Client's car.
Summary

Ocean Honda is a Honda dealership situated in Soquel, CA. The company has served Soquel community for 25 years, providing new and pre-owned Honda vehicles in any category for competitive prices. Honda vehicles bought from Ocean Honda are reliable and affordable as well. The company hires a team of knowledgeable sales specialists who are professional, compassionate and helpful with any your question. Ocean Honda’s service department offers services from certified technicians who are able to do anything from aftermarket work to rebuilding your transmission. There is also a wide selection of OEM parts for those car owners who prefer to repair their automobile themselves.

Ocean Honda reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article