Obgyn Specialists Gynecology Review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I had an iud placed here. I was told my insurance would cover it 100%. I told my doctor that I was a survivor of sexual assault, which makes this sort of appointment very difficult for me. My doctor, dr winterrowd, used that information to take advantage of me. This office is a scam. After I had the iud placed, I called with some concerns about severe pain. I was told I could not speak with my doctor, another doctor, or a nurse. I was snootily told that if I was in pain, I should schedule an ultrasound or go to the er. This answer was not reassuring, but because I was too scared to go to an er I scheduled an ultrasound. The ultrasound was traumatic. The nurse did not tell me what was going on, she laughed at something inside me, and then when it was over no one told me if anything was wrong or not. About four days later my doctor called and said the ultrasound looked fine, but that I still needed to come in for the checkup. When I went in for my regular checkup a couple weeks later, my doctor refused to examine my iud, on the grounds that if something was wrong, it would have shown up on the ultrasound. However, they still made me pay 40 dollars for the checkup, and I was still in pain, and wanted her to examine it. I ended up moving and getting my iud removed in my new state. But months later, this office keeps sending me bills. I had the iud placed in May, and received a bill in June for 90 dollars and another bill in July for 160 dollars. This office is a complete scam.
ID
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article