Oak View Auto Auction:Good Luck Getting Your Auto Titles

To All Small And Medium Size Auto Dealers - Don't not wasted your time going to Oak View Auto Auction they have the worst customer service in the auto auction industry. Last month was my first and last time going to Oak view Auto Auction, here's why. For starters, they ask that all dealers pay for their auction purchases immediately after the sale or they charge you something ridiculous like $50 per day, but the sellers are given over 45 days to deliver a title. If you are a small dealer, then this means the car you purchased has to sit on your lot for 30 days accumulating interest payments on your floor plan, and in the process the staff at Oakview could care less. When I complained about the length of time it took Team Honda to produce the title one of the customer service reps at Oak View Auto Auction told me and I quote "I have more customers than you complaining about their titles. You should have read our terms of service where it states that the sellers has 30 days to produce the title. So if you have a problem with our policy then you should take it up with the owner, he will be in on Wednesday." I normally deal with First Choice in Hammond – at least they try to assist their dealers. I explained to Nina (the so called Title Research Clark) that I am a customer first and foremost, and this is no way to treat their customers. I would have expected at least a courtesy call to the seller in order to get an estimated time that the title would arrive, but I was left to call Team Honda on my own. Buyer Beware – Oak View Auto Auction is in bed with the sellers and after they get your money then you're on your own to recover the title or the car you sold. The good news for me is I didn't sell one of the cars I brought from Oak View Auto because then I would have had to cancel the sale and recover the van in order to get my money back. This Sunday will make exactly 30 days since I purchased two vehicles from Oakview Auto Auction but I can't even file a request for refund until 48 hours after the 30th day. Take better care of your money by spending it with a more reputable auction and stay away from Oak View Auto Auction. You have been warn!!!!!

looks like this guy dont know beans about how an auction works. I been dealing with oakview for over 20 yrs. Never a problem at all.

You do realize they don't actually cash your check until the title is received don't you? The state gives 30 days, not oakview.

You are a very uninformed dealer. I'd suggest another profession.

IM CALLING BS ON YOUR COMPLAINT. THE AUCTION AND THE STAFF HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT HELPFUL TO ME AND A BUNCH OF DEALERS IN REGARDS TO THE VEHICLES, PAYMENT AND TITLES.

JUST SO YOU KNOW THE RULES DO CLEARLY STATE: SELLER HAS 30 DAYS TO PRODUCE A TITLE, BUYERS SHOULD NOT SELL, REPAIR OR RECONDITION ANY VEHILCE UNTIL THE TITLE IS RECEIVED. GUESS WHAT, I THINK YOU ARE A RUDE AND TASTELESS INDIVIDUAL. SORRY THAT YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH YOUR F'N TITLES BUT GUESS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING JUST FREAKING FINE WITH THEIR TITLES AND VEHICLES. YES OTHER AUCTIONS DO HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT WAY OF DOING THINGS BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE *** SERVICE THEN DON'T GO BACK TO THE AUCTION.

NO ONE GIVES A *** ABOUT YOURE MINOR PROBLEM. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM AND NEITHER HAS ANY OTHER DEALERS I KNOW. YOU ARE BUT ONE AND THERE ARE MANY MORE THAT VALUE THE PEOPLE AT THE AUCTION. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT NICE AND HELPFUL TO EVERYONE WHO CALLS OR WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR.

SO AGAIN SO SORRY THAT YOUR EGO WAS JACKED UP ABOUT THE SLIGHT PROBLEM WITH YOUR TITLES BUT DON'T BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE THAT ARE TRYING TO HELP BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MIDDLE PERSON IN THE WHOLE SITUATION.....***!!! :grin

@PissedConsumer623057

it sounds like you work for them!!!

@PissedConsumer665598

I don't have to work for them to know how they are

I agree this is the worse auction for customer service. Some dealers have to post a $1000 in cash to just bid, yet you have to pay for the vehicle that day before it leaves the facility.

And test drives are a pain in the ***. You have to get permission to go out the gate now.

They are so backwards they don't even use a national service like Auction Access. They've lost paperwork and titles are real slow to show up.

View more comments (5)
ID
Mandeville, Louisiana

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article