New Management needs Anger Management

Update by user Jul 16, 2018

I received an email from Pissed Consumer asking me if the business has attempted to reach out to me. To this date I have not and I am quite alright with that.

I will NEVER return to this business after the way we were treated. To be so obnoxiously rude and hostile towards a customer because you are mad at Groupon is unprofessional and uncalled for. We did not deserve to be treated the way we were. We did not screw you out of $30k.

Groupon did, as you so stated to us in your hostile rant.

We were simply loyal customers of 25+ years who you belittled and alienated from ever wanting to return. EVER!!!

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2018
I tried to use a Groupon that cost me $19 for a Diamond Wash (value $40) and I was refused service. Not only that, but the business owner both verbally and physically abused me. I had not even gotten out of my car. The business owner yelling at me with such anger that he isn't taking any Groupons because Groupon owes him $30k. I hadn't even said anything up to that point. The owner became enraged at the sight of my Groupon. His head sticking inside my car window, yelling so angrily that he was spitting on my arm. My only utterance to him was "Your problem with Groupon is not MY problem. If you don't want to honor it, I will gladly go elsewhere and share my review with my thousands of local followers on Yelp and the rest of the internet." He then tried (very poorly) to change his stance by angrily yelling at me "You want a free car wash. Go! I'll give it to you free!!". Not in a nice tone, but very hostile. I said "I don't want anything for free. I just want what I paid for." My 76yo mom who was in the passenger seat was getting visibly upset at this point because the owner is yelling at the top of his lungs in my window, so much that his spit is flicking at us as he is yelling. The entire encounter was very surreal. We were beside ourselves. Not only will I never return to this car wash after being a loyal customer for over 25 years (That's right... OVER 25 YEARS!!!), but I am considering filing legal charges against this business owner for assault because he spit all over my arm and was very intimidating simply because I had a Groupon. My poor 76yo mother who was in the car with me was almost in tears. The entire encounter left her very shaken from the way we were treated. I will be sharing my encounter and video footage for all to see once I find out if I can take legal action for being repeatedly spit on and verbally abused. If that was indeed the business owner as he claimed to be, he should rethink owning or operating ANY type of customer service based business such as a car wash. They claim they are under "New Management". They should have opted for "Anger Management!"
ID
Copiague, New York
Product
Groupon Car Wash Coupon
Cons
  • That the owner was very intimidating and hostile
  • That the owner was very confrontational
  • That the owner took it out on me becasue he is mad at groupon
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
I will NEVER return to this place after 25 years of being a loyal customer.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article