Thousands of $ spent and my car is back in service

I've recently had my car at the service dept. ( twice ) for repairs at Nyle Maxwell in Taylor Tx. First time almost 3,000 spent; within a week had to have it towed back for more repairs. This time over 300.00 spent. Today 7/17/14 my car is broke down again. It will not start ( by the way that's why it was put in the shop the first time) and it has to be towed again for the third time. Something is not right here. Either the service dept is incompetent of making the correct repairs or they are causing more problems. I travel all over central Texas and can not be on the side of the road because of lack luster techs that can't figure out how to do their job. PLEASE something needs to be done with this service center. Mary Finto 972-971-****
ID
Austin, Texas

Paid for part/svc which did NOT fix prob

Took my car into Nyle Maxwell Dodge Service Saturday 15th February 2013 after power steering belt broke. That belt plus something else related to power steering needed to be replaced. That done, 1 wk later + $1000 for that service, done. They then suggested that this other issue regarding my ABS "BRAKE" sensor needed replaced; I was quoted $1100. I was told it would make ABS "BRAKE" light sensor cease to stop shining on my dash 100 percent of the time. I trusted their judgement. After all, a Dodge dealerhip should know about Durango repairs. After week and a half, Dodge Nyle Maxwell Service contacted me with too complex of an explanation of why the ABS "BRAKE" sensor light still does not cease shining. They put in the extra $1100 part, yet it did not remedy the problem. They said if I order another $350 part, that would fix that "BRAKE" sensor for sure. I said "no, thank you" (in a kind voice) because I have in mind to sell and there is really no point putting so much cash into it at this late stage. If anything, Nyle Max Dodge Service should have taken it upon themselves to get that part installed so they can take pride in a complete job. So, I was forced to pay $2027 in total for these two parts and services. My ABS "BRAKE" sensor light is still shining on dash, from the moment I picked up the vehicle and all the way home. I am very dissatisfied and feel they should not have charged for the second thing unless they fixed it. Since they did NOT fix it, and since they did not offer to reduce/eliminate the price of this second thing WHICH THEY COULD NOT REPAIR, I am sharing my experience online. Don't assume Nyle Maxwell Dodge Service Center knows how to fix Durango problems. Take your Durango to a less expensive garage for any repairs.

My name is Katie King, I am the PR Manager for the Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships. I would like to apologize for the experience you have described.

It has been a while since you wrote this but I wanted to reach out and give you my contact information in case there is anything we can do to make this right for you.

My direct email is kking@***.com.

Thank you for the feedback.

ID
Austin, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article