Sold Defective Watch

Update by user Mar 29, 2019

They are ignoring me. So, I guess we will have to close this review.

I will continue to tell everyone I come in contact with to not buy anything from this company. The watch that they sold to me as new is, in fact, not new. I contacted Timex to use their 1-year warranty but I was told I was not the original owner. I bout the Square Trade warranty, so I contacted them.

Square Trade will not do anything until Timex's 1-year warranty runs out, even though the warranty does not apply to me. I put the watch into a drawer in my desk and marked on my calendar the 1-year mark for Timex's warranty to run out so I can get Square Trade to fix my watch.

What a head ache! I bought an Armitron (same features) to use in the meantime.

Update by user Feb 26, 2019

I don't lie, cheat or steal, apparently some businesses do. NYWATCHSTORE is what I consider an example.

Original review posted by user Feb 24, 2019
I bought a Men's Timex Over Sized Ironman Classic 30 Black Resin Watch TW5M13900 on Nov 7, 2018 with a Square Trade warranty from the New York Watch Store (NYWATCHSTORE) on Ebay. The watch, I felt was, defective. I assumed nywatchstore knew when they sold it to me at such a low price. One of the pin receptors had no side and the pin would not stay in the watch. I took it to a Timex dealer near where I live, who assured me it was defective. I contacted Square Trade who told me that the watch was under warranty by Timex. I contacted Timex who told me the original buyer must contact Timex for repair/replacement. It took 2 months to get all this information (including a 2-week vacation I took). On 24 Jan 2019, I contacted nywatchstore through Ebay for a refund. They denied my refund and offered new pins instead. We have emailed each other back and forth about this watch which is currently sitting in the box it came in for nywatchstore. I have never been able to wear it. I would like a refund.
ID
Product
Timex Ironman Watch
Cons
  • Refused to own up to cheating me
  • Lied about product
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article