Buyer Beware

My husband purchased the NuWave 16 inch electric skillet in Nov as a Christmas present. I used it several times and it was ok. The non stick surface definitely was not non stick, but I just used Pam to help. Last night I was cooking with the skillet and it shocked me extremely hard. I tried plugging it in again and it shocked me again. I called customer service today and was informed that since it was purchased in Nov, they could not refund the cost, even if they did, I would have to pay shipping to send it back. I tried to make them understand that it was not used till after Dec 252th, but they did not care. They said they would replace it, so I agreed. I thought maybe mine was defective and maybe the new one would have a better non stick surface. They said I would have to pay shipping on the new one to be sent to me, but they would send a shipping label to ship the old one back. I complained and they said they would discount the shipping, so I said ok. Then she tells me the cannot replace the skillet, just the cord. I have no idea for sure where the shock came from, but there was no way I would use the skillet again. So they said they were sorry and I am stuck with $54.93 skillet that will go in the trash. Very poor customer service. I have two other NuWave products, but I will never purchase from them again.
ID
Product
Nuwave Medley Frying Pan
Cons
  • Electrical shock
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article