NS Fitness - Trial Membership Review from La Habra, California

I went to NS Fitness for my 7 day free trial (which is advertised on their website) they had me sign a contract but reassured me that if I decided to not continue with them after the 7 days there would be no reprocussions and all I had to do was not come one, but if I did want to continue with them I'd just have to come in and give them my card number (they didn't take it at the time because they weren't charging me for the next 7 days). After those 7 days I never went back to the gym. I actually moved to SoCal. Six months later I get a call from a collection agency saying I owe approximately $400. What?! To say I was upset is an understatement. I'll be taking them to court if this is resolved soon. All the gym has to do is look at the date I signed my contract and then look at the last date I clocked in with them to know that I only attended this gym for those 7 days. Don't go to this gym. They'll manipulate you into hundreds of dollars.
ID
La Habra, California

N/S Fitness ripped me off for training session

I signed a contract for personal training. 280 a month. I asked several times would that be my total bill including gym membership. they said yes. then after a month they charge me 280 plus 40.00 for gym membership. its auto draft so it comes out of my accout. they wont refund my money and say its a year contract so im screwed for a year. I finally got ahold of someone and they just tell me its your word against theirs. Doesnt that *** you off? Do not sign any contract at N/S Fitness yuba city ca

They did that to me also! Omg... And on top of that, all kind of hidden fees are charged throughout the year!

@PissedConsumer725045

Yeah. I had to go to the bbb and make a complaint.

They finally got back to me. Then they said they will adjust the price accordingly. They sait that they will send me a refund for the over charged. That never happened.

I called once a day for a month. Never got a call back. So I changed my card to a prepaid walmart card and only put enough money on it for the fees till the end of my contract minus the month they owed me. When you cancel membership you have to give a 30 day notice.

I tried to cancel 35 days before but I was told that I can't cancel until 30 days before the contract was up. I read the fine print on my contract and if I didn't cancel exactly 30 days before the contract would renew. So I canceled and they promply called because my card declined the last month charge. I said thanks for finally calling and explained that I did that for a reason.

That they owed me the money but never refunded. That they had never returned my calls. They appoligized and offered me a discout on a new membership. Haha.

Yeah right. I'm at Training Zone now. No B.S. yet.

Heard a rumor they were going to buy it out. If that happens i will cancel.t.

Hi, just want to know if you can contact me, I have had a similar experience, and would like to talk to you, my email is kathyegoyer@***.com

View more comments (2)
ID
Sacramento, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article