Worst Dental Facility in Boise - Northwest Dental Center

OMG!!! Where do I begin, I have two young children 7, 9 (boy, girl) and we left Northwest Dental in Boise about 3 months ago. I'm just now writing this review because I can finally compare NWD Center to what A REAL dentist office is supposed to be like. I'm a single Mom and I can't believe I stayed there for as long as I did - I should have left earlier. The place we're at now is clean, it's a happy place, it's colorful, the assistants are cheery and fun (but also competent), and the dentist has a personality. Furthermore, my new dentist office in Kuna, ID - does NOT PUSH ME into getting my kids an X-ray every 6 months whether they need it or not. In contrast, Northwest Dental Center in Boise is dirty (smells musty too), it is dark and drab, the dentist has a zero personality and can't look you in the eye when he talks to you, the assistants are grumpy - rude - and will turn against you quickly if you so much as challenge them as to the procedure that they're doing. Yes, they get angry rather than to EXPLAIN what you are doing. I actually came into the room one time because I could hear my daughter asking a question in between polishing. What I found was a middle-aged rude assistant (lady) that was completely ignoring her and forcing her head around like the bobble-heads you see in the back of cars. I put my foot down loudly and I could tell that she knew she was being watched and her entire attitude changed completely and ever so "fakely." She began to answer my daughter's questions and she handled her much more gently. After that, I never left my kids alone with them. As far as the X-rays go, had I not protested to them - my kids would probably be GLOWING IN THE DARK by now. You could totally tell that they just wanted INSURANCE MONEY because it was x-ray this - x-ray that - you need an x-ray - blah, blah, blah. When my family left there - it kind of felt like a bad hostage situation. All that time we kept going there to see if they would change, are they just having a bad day, etc.... but the sad truth of it is that Northwest Dental Center in Boise is a second or third rate dental facility at best. No, probably fourth rate - and I wouldn't take my DOG OR CAT in there to have his teeth checked. Do yourselves a favor if you're in Boise or Meridian - find a dental center that actually treats you like a human being instead of a peace of meat with an insurance payment attached to you. Stay away from NWD center at all costs.

Hurray for you! I couldn't agree more.

I have three kids and Northwest Dental Center in Boise was nearly frantic when I raised concerns that they did not need to get x-rays because they had just been their six months prior. It is a total "insurance issue" where they can get more cash out of your dental insurance company if they can just get another x-ray from your children.

Imagine, Northwest Dental has hundreds of patients and they can charge $80 (or more) per visit if they take an x-ray for each person that walks through the door. That's thousands of extra insurance paid dollars per month - not to mention per year.

So when they see a family of five (with three kids) walk through the door - all they see are $$$$ signs. Disgusting!

ID
Dallas, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article