No star rating....... Buyer beware!

Update by user Jun 22, 2016

So this review is for North America Moving... not North American moving...

I feel sorry for this company because an independent moving company with close to the same name is minus the N.

Just to make it clear this review is for North America Moving company & storage 111 north market st. San jose, CA 95113 8**-**5-2531...DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2016
Moving from Miami to Las Vegas we shopped around to try to find best price and had a really good moving company set up, but then this guy name Chirs from (piece of *** North America Moving) called us and made like he was with the first company. Have talking to him he said he was with the this company NAM. After all and said we set up a moving contract with him. (should have read the reviews and asked around). Moving on so weeks in advance we had this set up Chris was quick to get our deposit and promise the world. Box count recount and items adjusted and got a quote locked in. So, moving truck was a small sub contractor was late to show up for pick up. All our stuff was packed and labeled by me -cause if not would be a charge of $20 per item. After the now second deposit 60% of total bill he says he wants to charge us for supplies to wrap the stuff that was in quote to be wrapped and packed by movers. Didn't happen. So now back to the BS that chris sold. gave us a delivery date / mover gave an earlier moving date, I mentally stayed with the first date by Chris -not to get our hopes up. we pack up the car and summer road trip to get there before the moving truck which was only suppose to be several days. SO NOW 16 DAYS PAST DELIVERY DATE AND NO DELIVERY. We called last week and they said because of a Miami trucker strike. At no point did they call us to let us know of the delay. Chris is now where to be found not answering phone, dispatch said some time this week and trucker will call us to let us know when they are near....SO LET ME GET THIS STRAGHT YOUR OVER 16 DAYS LATE AND I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO DELIVER WAITING ON BAITED BREATH.....ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME...THIS COMPANY ARE CRIMINALS DO NOT USE THEM !!!!!!!!! And let see the condition of our stuff when we get it and let see if they try to add extra fees or storage fee....stuff that is not on the contract. no customer service, no communication, no nothing
#1201794

The Samething happened to me with the same company with Chris and Yair. ***

Now they have my stuff hostage becaus when they delivered my belongings after 3 weeks of me calling and no one responding to me. They jacked up the price and I had no idea. So they took my stuff and say it's in a storage until I pay in full then he will let me know where and I have to go get it myself. WTF.

So now I'm in an apartment for the past month with no furniture and sleeping on an air mattress. And police won't do a thing and Yair knows it so that's why he pulls these scams all the time..

Total ***

ID
Reason of review
problems with delivery/poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

STAY AWAY! DO NOT TRUST!!

If you have never had to hire a moving company before don’t let North America Moving & Storage be your first experience. It will leave you feeling like you can’t trust any moving company again! I regret ever contacting them! I realize this complaint is long and I apologize for that. I just want everyone out there to know what happened and to be aware of this company. First, the owner of the company is disrespectful and only cares about how much money he can make off you. My first thought was to rent a moving truck and move everything myself. But after I found out my rental apartment was going to be on the third floor I decided to ask a moving company to help. When the owner contacted me to schedule the pick up and things were different from what the sales person originally told me, the owner said to me “Well, if you don’t like the way we operate maybe you should just rent a truck and move it yourself”! So right away I asked for my $200 deposit back so I could do just that. He told me NO, I can’t get my deposit back. So… feeling stuck, I scheduled the pick up. After everything was loaded the driver and I both signed the Lading Contract that showed the exact space my belongings took up on his truck. Along with my deposit, I paid the driver for more than half of my total bill upon pick up. He told me he would probably arrive with my things in NC (from FL) in approximately 3 days. I text him on day two to see how far along they were… no response. I called him on day 3… nothing. So, I decided to give them some time. When I still hadn’t heard from anyone, I called the office on Saturday. I had to call them before I found out the driver would be delivering my things that Sunday. It took them 7 days to get there while I was staying in apartment with no bed, no furniture, etc. Sunday morning ONE guy showed up to move my stuff up three flights of stairs! He was instructed not to unload anything until he received the final payment, which I understand because I’m sure people have stiffed them on payment after they get their stuff. I gave him the balance due as stated on my contract. He called the owner and was told “no, she owes more”. I was livid! But, the driver said he could not unload until I paid what the owner claimed I owed! So I had to give the last of the cash I had on me before he would unload. We walked down to the truck and the driver showed me exactly how much space my items took up. It was exactly what was written on my contract by the pick up driver. I didn’t owe anything “extra”, the owner ripped me off! I asked him why it was just him when there was supposed to be two guys. He said he had to leave his moving partner in western NC the night before because he was drinking alcohol and trying to fight with him. He showed me where the guy cracked the windshield of the moving truck while he was drunk! He said the owner told him to hire help from Craigslist. When was he supposed to do that on a Saturday night when he had to drop off my stuff first thing Sunday morning? I need to stop being so nice. I couldn’t stand to just sit there while the ONE guy carried my stuff up three flights of stairs… so I helped him! I actually helped him as if I was his moving partner! I didn’t have to do that, but I felt bad for the guy. So, I help him yet the owner is trying to rip me off?! Oh and the story doesn’t end there… of course the driver was missing my king size mattress that apparently got “lost” when they loaded my stuff from one truck to another! Several of my boxes were crushed and two had actually ripped open because they had piled them on top of one another. You could tell that not a lot of care was taken when they transferred my stuff. So, I called the salesman who I first spoke to tell him everything that happened. He said he would call the owner and try to get it resolved. It’s been 4 days and I still haven’t heard from the owner! I have sent text and left messages and he won’t even answer! What do you think? Will I ever see my mattress again? They picked up in FL and the first driver went back to CA where the company is based!
ID
Greenville, North Carolina
Service
North America Moving Moving Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

About

North America Moving Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.northamericamoving.com/privacypolicy.html
Top North America Moving Services

Moving Service

Summary

North America Moving was started back in 2002 as a moving business with its operating offices in California’s San Mateo and Miami serving clients across California and Florida. At North America Moving associates help clients with local and interstate relocations. The moving company offers additional packaging on demand to secure safe delivery of customers’ belongings from point A to point B. On monthly basis, North America Moving offers warehousing services to store clients’ belongings. The company collaborates both with residential home owners and businesses helping relocate offices too.

North America Moving reviews and complaints

North America Moving is ranked 192 out of 632 in Moving and Storage category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article