Bought car-told to return it or pay more (5 days later)

Norm Reeves Honda - Bought car-told to return it or pay more (5 days later)
Norm Reeves Honda - Bought car-told to return it or pay more (5 days later)
I was sold a car-given a contract-took it home & 5 days later told i have to pay more or return the car. i called the FTC (federal trade commission and they said this is called a yo yo finance scam or a spot delivery scam. I am being taken advantage of and harassed. This is cheating a customer...promising one thing and then telling them something else! DIshonest and corrupt! I have a contract that specifies my exact payments and my exact interest rate and my exact amount of interest! now they want to change terms and conditions!?OR I HAVE TO RETURN THE CAR!? -there is nothing in the contract about that!

Short answer to simplify, just go to the local media, they would love to have this ready to air for the next Sweeps week!

Go to your bank or Credit Union, many will refinance a recently purchased new car.Give them all info to pay off the existing loan.

You just cost the Dealer ALOT of $ from the bank that was doing the financing. Revenge is sweet!

I have done that, walk into a Dealer, tell them to give me the car for my price, I will finance through them, I don't care about the interest rate.

Then, I cost them $$ when my bank pays off the loan from the dealer before the first payment is due!

Don't return it, that happened to us 40 years ago so it is not anything new. But we were young and *** and paid the extra amount.

Cheaters and thieves are what usually runs car lots. I hate buying a car, I rather have surgery. And Rich, you may be honest, but with all those instruction you give, it only shows how crooked the auto dealers are. Why can't people just buy items whether a car, furniture, electronics without have to protect themselves from cheaters.

Use a credit card and if you are cheated, call the credit card company and have your money returned to your account and give the jokers back their junk. Of course you may not be able to do that with a very large purchase such as a car.  But don't give into unreasonable demands.

First off, I have over 40 yrs in the car game, and it makes me want to puke when I see a dealer do this!

I am now on the other side of the desk, wih making sure Family, Friends, Co-Workers, and friends of friends, etc.

not fall victim to the bad apples in the car buying game.

First, make copies of EVERYTHING involved in your transaction.

Second: Find a trusted friend or Family member to run through the the entire situation with.

Ask them to go with you, in the event they "sold" your trade you are not stranded! Run, don't walk back to the Dealer (This is important! Have your phone on voice record before you walk into the Dealership, and keep the screen facing down. You want a record of EVERYTHING said, but do not let the Deaer know, or heck!

Tell them you are recording everything, it doesn't matter!) and get your trade-in (if you had one) and any cash or payments you made to them for fees.

They want to rescind (cancel) the contract, take them up on it! Don't be a victim to their tactics! Fourth go to the the DMV nearest you, and show them your paperwork, and ask how to report this to the State. Fifth Contact local Media (television preferred) and just give them in the email (usually in contact somewhere on the website) a brief description that you bought a car, and the Dealer made you return it.

(This might get their interest to contact you, especially if other Consumers have had the same issue).

Sixth Get ahold of the local Attorney referral service (there are Attorneys who take cases Pro-Bono no charge to you) Now, before you go out to look for another car, get your own financing in advance. If you have any questions, respond here.

I have had this problem before. they approve you in house, but when they send you paperwork to the bank, the bank declines the loan. My case was with a different dealership in a different part of the country, but i ended up calling them after talking with a lawyer, and they ended up getting shut down by the state a couple weeks later because it was happening so often.

View more comments (3)
Fullerton, California
Cons
  • Being lied to
  • Asked to change terms of contract
  • Being ripped off
Reason of review
Problems with payment
$20000
Preferred solution
Price reduction

I Do Not Recommend Norm Reeves Honda!!!

Update by user Jul 09, 2013

problem resolved.

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2013
The saleslady was rushing everything, and I got worry that I might get a bad deal... However, she gave me a good price, I loved the car, everything went well until I met Rich Risler. He is the finance guy. He made me feel like he is giving me an awesome deal on warranty and alarm system, but I found out later that I paid over $1000 more on warranty and alarm!!! I felt disgusted that this guy who was very nice and helpful is a two faced liar. Don't trust anyone at Norm Reeves Honda!!! I DO NOT recommend this place!!!
Montclair, California

Trade-in scam

I made a deal with Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos to trade-in my rx-8 as part of the contract. After a month not paying off the mazda they informed me that I have to give them additional $4000 or I can have my old vehicle back with all amounts due. The reason I got the honda is because of the pay off offer I got from them. If I get the rx8 back the deal from honda is not that good and I'll be stuck with two cars. I went back to the dealership and they denyed our agreement. Beware scam!!!

i had a nissan that i traded in for a honda. after two months they called me saying they couldnt find a bank to finance me .

they said they sent the car out for repo.i turned the car back in and got my full refund back with my old vehicle.ended up they never told me i had to keep paying my nissan payments thereofre wellsfargo put my nissan into repo.they explained if i didnt pay in 24 hours they were gona come and get the car.

i paid wellsfargo the two months that was due.now my credit score dropped 100 points from hondas fault not telling me anything from the first place. worst dealer ever total rip off!!!im trying to fight htis as well but need more options!

they can't deny the deal if it's all in the sells contract, i bet you didn't read the purchase agreement before signing it

View more comments (1)
Glendale, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article