Faulty Hardware in Cervical Spinal Fusion Surgery

Nexxt Spine - Faulty Hardware in Cervical Spinal Fusion Surgery
In May 2018, I had a spinal fusion surgery performed in my cervical spine. The hardware (screws and plate) that was used was manufactured by Nexxt Spine. Initial images taken during my first follow-up post-surgery showed everything was correct and no problems were present. Likewise, all discomfort was gone and most numbing/tingling was gone as well. Some problems and discomfort began to arise over the past year or so and I therefore decided to see a neurosurgeon recently in order to request an MRI, CT and x-ray. All images and accompanying reports have revealed two major problems. First, BOTH titanium screws in my C6 vertebrae are broken in half inside the bone. Second, the safety mechanism designed to prevent the screws from backing out has failed, resulting in the screw protruding outward by 4 to 5 millimeters. If this were just one failure it could maybe be chalked up to a fluke, but there are three failures occurring here simultaneously, and I am consequently faced with a bad situation and risky decisions involving the cervical spine, not to mention the stress and discomfort. If you have an upcoming surgery involving spinal implants, I would consider speaking with your surgeon regarding the brand and type of implants he or she will be using. If they tell you it's Nexxt Spine, well...you now know my story, the choice is yours. I promise you this, however, if afterward, you find yourself in a similar situation to mine, you will hate yourself for not having intervened.

User's recommendation: Find out what brand your surgeon will be using.

ID
#2051373 Review #2051373 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Nexxt Spine Anterior Cervical Plating
Loss
Preferred solution
Cover the cost of new surgery (above insurance cov'g) and related costs + losses related.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article