Darlene H Fwu

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Returned mail

I sent a letter to NEW ENGLAND MINT 57 Dodge Ave. North Haven, CT 06473. It was returned - what is your mailing address? Darlene Hammon
Daniel C Etk

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Burgettstown, Pennsylvania

National parks two dollar bills

Want to start receiving them again if possible. I had financial trouble and had to stop my subscription.

Preferred solution: Reinstate subscription

PatrickM D
map-marker Trenton, Michigan

I wanted to know when I will receive my next Two dollars ..the last one I got was in Dec 1999 and I know I have 14 more to get so I can have all my national park set Pat

Patrick M Doute , 19837 South Glen BLVD apt A Trenton Michigan 48183 Account number 20340**** Please let me know what going on my email. i thineagle@***.com

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Janice B Tfr

Give updated credit card information

I cannot seem to get a hold of anybody but it is very important that I talk to somebody about my national Park program I need to give updated information for my credit card and I do not want to miss out on finishing my husbands collection as he has just passed away. You can reach me at 760-998-**** I would appreciate it if you could call me as soon as possible. Thank you so much Janice Boelter

Preferred solution: Give updated credit card information to continue receiving my shipment of national Park two dollar bill program

Douglas Rdo
map-marker Manchester, Connecticut

New England Mint Customer Care Review

I placed an order and didn't receive my order but I was charged for it I try to call somebody and all I get is phone numbers that don't work I really wish someone would call me back my name is Jerry Kristoff
Reason of review:
Poor customer service
map-marker Madison, Ohio

New England Mint - Customer Care Review from Madison, Ohio

I tried to get the Star Trek coins. The person I talked to , talk so fast , it was very hard to understand . I didn't get the items I wanted . Now I can't get someone to talk to about this problem . They tell you that they will call you back , so far ( 10 days ) 2 calls , NO CALL BACK ! I'm thinking this is a JOKE ! I will NEVER buy any other products from this company . Think twice before any order ! !!
Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Guest

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. They will suspend the charge from your account and assist you in trying to resolve the issue.

If they continue to not respond, the credit card company will take the charges off your bills. Also, from now on only communicate in writing, certified, return receipt.

That way you have evidence they received your correspondence and who received and signed for it. Good luck.

REFUSED TO CANCEL ORDER.

I ordered the $2 bill 12/25/13. The automated recording would not allow me to give the name of the person I was sending the gift to in another state. It only allowed address. The person lives in a huge apt. complex. I called customer service 6 times. It's closed on weekends, then 3 times I was put on HOLD indefinitely by an automated device. When I finally got a person , they refused to cancel the order & said it had just shipped that morning. (How convenient!) I told them I was going to register a complaint for Consumer Fraud.
Loss:
Cathy Qzt
map-marker Livingston, New Jersey

2 dollar bills

New England mint is nothing but a bunch of bull< I ordered 1-2dollar bill, and every 2 months i receive another one for the price of $26.90. I have called and canceled many times and they tell me my account is closed,but before I know it theres another package. I finally canceled my account with Sears which is Citi Bank and you can use the card as a credit card. I am so mad with this company that I am afraid of ordering any thing threw the mail or if I see something on TV. Think A little before you order.
Loss:
liedtomike N
map-marker Oshkosh, Wisconsin

I was lied to by telephone salesperson.

I had ordered some blueberry bushes on-line which I saw on a television commercial. After this order I received a phone call from this company (The National Motor Musuem Mint) that they would send me free of charge 2-2 dollar bills --one from my state of Wisconsin and the other from the state of Delaware. If I did not like these I could keep the one from Wisconsin and return the other using the pre-paid return label included in the package. It came and there was no return label and the invoice showed the 2 items but no price or total amount owed. Well I called this company and said I did not want any of this and there was no return label. The agent told me $26.90 was charged to my account. I explained that I did not authorize this transaction and wanted to return the items. She needed to refund my charge card and send me the pre-paid shipping label. She hung up on me. I have called my credit card company to stop payment and am filling complains so that other people do not fall for the same lies!!
map-marker San Jose, California

Cannot get an order cancelled

I placed an order Jan 8 2011 with New England Mint for 5 $2.00 National Park Bills and 5 free bills. The original order did not reflect the handling and shipping, but when I received a confirmation which did not have an order number or contact number, it showed a $59.50 shipping and handling charge. I immediately found a phone number and contacted them and asked them to cancel this order. They stated that since it had not been down loaded to their system yet, they could not cancel and told me to keep checking at www.myorderlist.com to see if it was downloaded and then they could cancel. It is now Jan 16, 2011 and now I can't even get into the www.myorderlist.com. As I called every day, it does no good as I keep getting the same answer. I keep e-mailing them and hope this charge does not appear on my credit card. Talk about a rip off.
Guest

I didn't buy from them but from another company. They said I'd be getting a FREE gift with my order.

Nothing more about it. The $2 bills came then a couple months later the charges started coming.

So it's not just NEM. They have scam partners.

Hi,

I saw the many TV spots that the New England Mint had for the commemorative $2 bills. The commercial said you would receive two different bills for $10 plus shipping and handling - and gave the website.www.getparkbills.com.

When I got there, the price was $19.95 instead of ten as on the commercial. Seemed very legit, shipping amount was noted, and even advised which taxes were applicable by province. So, I hit the add to cart button, it came up with several other screens offering more items. I skipped through all of those, entered my info i.e.

credit card - then went to the last page to review my order. I noticed there were other charges that I did not want. It did not give me the option to go back, so I closed it = started again - this time being careful not to select anything other than what I ordered. When I got to the end this time - I was going to submit my order, and there was no option.

I decided to do a google search to see how to get back in to submit my order. I was shocked to see hundreds of complaints, most people saying that they started the order process, saw the final total, decided they did not want to purchase the items only to find that it was already processed - and it was nearly impossible to get in touch with them to correct things. After reading this, I checked my e mail, and sure enough I had two e mail confirmations for two orders - which of course I did not intend on. I immediately called my credit card company and put a block on my card = and I sent e mail's back to New England Mint telling them to cancel my orders.

This is a terrible form of fraud - People are used to purchasing over the internet ie ebay, amazon, chapters, etc etc etc = all of these providers are legit, and give you the opportunity to review your final invoice before you confirm it is accurate.

Since New England Mint is advertising on Canadian TV networks, I, as well as many others, assume they are legit. I think that if they are advertising on your local tv stations, you should call the station and make sure they are aware of the many complaints.

Guest

Why would any of u idiots order from that scam outfit? Where is ur common sense fer Christs sake?

Guest

I was foolish and called New England Mint to order the $2 National Parks bills. The automated order system was horrible - it would not stop asking me to buy additional items, and it never would give me the option to get an order total or the opportunity to cancel my order.

I finally just hung up in frustration! A few weeks later I had a charge of $144 show up on my debit card and when I called the customer service number, I was told that I could not cancel the order or get a refund issued because my items were "in transit". Three weeks later, I just now called back and was told that miraculously, my items are due to be delivered this very day! Amazing, huh?!

And I was told that I can mark the box as "return to sender" and send back and once they get it, they will issue a refund.

Yeah right!! I will believe it when I see it!!

Guest

I can't stand people like this Dz, give us some specifics you ***!! Now, I can give at least give you my specific experience with the new england mint.

They did send me product that I ordered, and unlike most idiots, I did read that shipping and handling was extra money, and I was ok with that. But, about a month later, I saw that $92 was taken out of my checking account (yes, I was an ***, I used my debit card to pay for the first purchase). I called NEM and they said that I placed an order, and that its being shipped, and can't be cancelled. I told them I never ordered anything, they said they were sorry, but that I'd have to wait for the package to arrive, then ship it back, and then they will issue me a refund.

So, in this sense, they are being very unethical, but not sure if I can label it a total scam.

Anyhow, I since had my debit card cancelled so they can't do this again. And, if anybody reads this and would like to buy anything from this company (they do have some cool stuff, like the $2 bills, not sure if they are ever going to be worth anything more than face value, but they are still a neat gift to give) I would strongly recommend buying a money order to use as payment, that way they can't take your money out without your consent and send you some more ***.

Guest

This New England Mint is a scam company. Do not buy anything from them. They should be shutdown and prosecuted for fraud.

View more comments (5)

E-commerce Talks

Art for Your Home Not Museums

Mar 7, 2022

David Afremov
David Afremov

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article